Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 08:48:47 pm

Author Topic: Should I choose 20th Century Histroy?  (Read 5795 times)  Share 

bridiew

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Should I choose 20th Century Histroy?
« on: July 31, 2020, 09:36:44 pm »
I'm in yr10 and selecting my subjects for VCE and so far I know I'm doing English, Maths Methods, Bio, Chem, Psych (3/4), but I'm unsure of my sixth subject. I'm considering 20th Century History but I'm worried it's going to be too much content to tackle.

I somewhat enjoy the subject in general but I am opting for the Medicine pathway in terms of careers so I'm not sure if it's worth my time studying a subject that will take a bit of my focus away from the subjects that are more important to me (and also pretty heavy in content).

However, I'm conscious of the fact that not doing any humanities and just science/math may be tedious?

So should I do history or something like general/further which seems to be the easier option?  ???

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
Re: Should I choose 20th Century Histroy?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2020, 11:11:15 am »
+3
I definitely recommend choosing the subject you're more interested in :) I studied 20th century history and then Revolutions and honestly they were my favourite subjects that I did in VCE. I really liked having a humanities subject to balance out all the science/maths stuff, it used a different part of my brain and was genuinely interesting.

It's also not a hectic subject - I found the content very easy to manage and not overwhelming. IMO there are definitely subjects with a much higher content load.

Plus, there's the benefit that if you do a subject you genuinely enjoy and find interesting, you'll be more likely to do well in it because you'll be more motivated to study and apply yourself in class. It's never a good idea to pick a subject based solely on scaling or the perception that it's "easy". Not being engaged in a subject can make it incredibly difficult to do well, and overall it'll also reduce your enjoyment of VCE.