Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:51:58 am

Author Topic: ⚠️ FRENCH ORAL EXAMS 2018 ⚠️  (Read 7251 times)  Share 

talixxa

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
⚠️ FRENCH ORAL EXAMS 2018 ⚠️
« on: April 11, 2018, 12:36:51 am »
Hi all,

I hope you are doing well.

So, this year, I am doing VCE French units 3 and 4 and as you know I have orals exams at the end of the year. One of it is a discussion about a topic. A detailed study. My teacher talked about it very vaguely  :-\ ??? as we should get on that later this year. I would like to know more about the topics before because i can't stay in the unknown.
If what I got is right which should choose a topic corresponding to a them and sub-theme.
Can someone help me and tell me what are the themes and sub-themes?
I have done some research online but I couldn't find something about it.

Thank you in advance for your answers !

Talixxa :)

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
Re: ⚠️ FRENCH ORAL EXAMS 2018 ⚠️
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 06:59:02 am »
+2
Hey there! Welcome to the forums :)

I did French in 2016 when I was in year 12. I made this thread last year with some information and resources for the oral exam - might be worth having a look :)

I wouldn't worry about it too much - I don't think most schools start talking about the detailed study until you get into term 3. It's a bit hard to give specific info at the moment because you'll have to pick a sub-theme based off the theme that your school does. So, for example - my school's theme was "the occupation of France during WW2", and my sub-theme was essentially "resistance and the consequences it carried during the occupation of France".

But yeah - don't stress out too much yet :) it's not as hard as it seems!

talixxa

• Trailblazer
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2018, 02:51:42 am »
@K888 thank you so much for your answer your thread was very useful. Regarding my first post, I am doing VCE French unit 3/4 outside school therefore we haven’t been given a theme, just to choose a topic and talked about it in details that’s it. That’s is why I am looking for a list of themes so I can choose one from it and start writing about something. At the moment, I have no idea about what to write. Do you some themes ??

Thanks again

Talixxa

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2018, 12:18:11 pm »
@K888 thank you so much for your answer your thread was very useful. Regarding my first post, I am doing VCE French unit 3/4 outside school therefore we haven’t been given a theme, just to choose a topic and talked about it in details that’s it. That’s is why I am looking for a list of themes so I can choose one from it and start writing about something. At the moment, I have no idea about what to write. Do you some themes ??

Thanks again

Talixxa
I'd recommend taking a look at the study design, I believe they have some sample topics listed on the document as well as other helpful suggestions.

Are you doing French through Distance Education? If so, I believe you should be able to get some guidance on what to do.

talixxa

• Trailblazer
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 10:42:06 pm »
I'd recommend taking a look at the study design, I believe they have some sample topics listed on the document as well as other helpful suggestions.

Thanks again, I finally found what I was looking for in the study design. Why did not I think about it earlier? ::)

MAGGOT

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2018, 07:37:07 pm »
Even though you do it outside of school doesn't the whole class do the same detailed study or tries to?