Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 10:33:43 am

Author Topic: English Advanced Question Thread  (Read 1236765 times)

jaidaswift

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: English Advanced Question Thread
« Reply #4695 on: September 16, 2021, 11:19:17 am »
Hi, Year 11 here about to go into Year 12. My school hasn't provided us a equipment list so I was wondering what equipment to buy for year 12 and what could help me for studying?

smokeybatscore

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #4696 on: September 30, 2021, 04:57:32 pm »
Hi

I'm currently writing my module A essay on Mrs Dalloway + The Hours and had a question. One of my paragraphs is focusing on the idea of death. My argument is that Woolf presents death to be a way of attaining freedom, an idea which Daldry agrees to some extent. However, Daldry argues that even death is lacklustre at times, and from this, the audience understands that Woolf agrees as they better understand the metaphorical death of Clarissa Dalloway to bring her no freedom. Is this idea valid?

_sara411

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #4697 on: March 21, 2022, 02:18:39 pm »
Heyyy, I'm in year 12 and I need help with my essay for module A.

The stimulus is: Agency is an act of individuality, originality and creative freedom. Hag-Seed offers an insight into the way adaptations can enable agency where interpretative acts create possibilities of meaning making and reject closure. (Adapted from Nishevita Jayendran)
To what extent is this statement true in the light of your study of Module A?
In your response, make close reference to The Tempest (William Shakespeare) and Hagseed (Margaret Atwood).

How do I approach this??

Thank you :)

SharonHSC

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #4698 on: April 07, 2022, 10:53:43 pm »
Hi,
So I'm having trouble understanding my discursive essay question.

"Everything is being dismantled, reconstructed, recycled. To what end? For what purpose?” Discuss.

In your answer, explore the resonances and dissonances between and within texts and comment on common or disparate issues, values, assumptions, or perspectives and how these are depicted in the texts.

My texts:
W;t by Margaret Edson
I can choose any of the following poems by John Donne
  - This is my plays last scene
  - Hymn to God, my God, in my sickness
  - Death be not proud
  - At the round earth imagin'd corners, blow
  - If poisioness minerals, and if that tree
  - The apparition
  - The sunne rising
  - A valediction, forbidding mourning

Can you please help me understand what this question means and what it's asking and if possible can you give me examples while referencing my texts?

Also, I'm thinking to to use "Death be not proud" & "This is my play's last scene" but if you have examples from any of Donne's other poems I mentioned above, then please feel free to use examples from those instead.

Thank you!!

dylan.turner

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #4699 on: May 09, 2022, 11:37:50 pm »
I am coming up to my trials and HSC and am finding it very difficult to study for english in particular, does anyone have any advice, tips or tricks that helped them?

dylan.turner

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #4700 on: May 09, 2022, 11:38:09 pm »
I am coming up to my trials and HSC and am finding it very difficult to study for english in particular, does anyone have any advice, tips or tricks that helped them?