Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:21:39 pm

Author Topic: English  (Read 879 times)  Share 

William Mi

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
English
« on: October 10, 2017, 04:27:15 pm »
Hi! So when I'm doing past papers and adapting my responses to those questions, I find myself copying and pasting a lot of my quotes/techniques/analysis , changing them when needed of course, but only ever so slightly. With the only thing I'm change is the introduction, the topic sentence and linking sentence of those respective body paragraphs and conclusion. I feel what I'm doing is wrong and honestly lazy. I need to know if what I'm doing is wrong? and if so, how can I properly adapt my essay to question when doing past papers?

Thanks ;D

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: English
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 06:26:20 pm »
Hey! For the most part this is pretty much exactly what you'll be doing - You can't come up with completely new techniques for every question, so there is always going to be a fair bit of overlap between your essays. This is totally fine - Provided you are answering the question (are you using the same terms as given to you, are you referencing the module expectations, etc) then no worries! :)

Tailoring prepared responses to the question is an important skill though - This guide could be helpful :)