Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 12:01:58 am

Author Topic: Module B Help (Adv Eng)  (Read 971 times)  Share 

hi.itsjessi

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +20
Module B Help (Adv Eng)
« on: May 19, 2018, 03:52:38 pm »
Hey guys!
Just so that we have some background, I'm currently doing Advanced English for my HSC and I'm studying Hamlet for Module B!
So I've come across this little problem. Normally I'm quite capable when it comes to writing essays, however with module B it's a little bit different. Generally, when it comes to essay writing, we already have an idea as to what the essay question in exams would be asking for, (e.g. AOS will always relate back to how discoveries can be far-reaching and transformative for the individual and for broader society), so of course, it's easier to write a general, flexible essay. In saying this however, taking a look at some past HSC questions, I've noticed that with this particular module,it’s VERY HARD to make a specific thesis due to the questions being really unpredictable and specific in the actual exam (it's almost like asking you to evaluate specific passages or quotes in the play, yuck!), so how would you guys suggest to get around this issue?

FutureLawStudent

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +13
Re: Module B Help (Adv Eng)
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 03:55:42 pm »
+2
Hi,

Just as a bit of advice, I'd recommend reading the syllabus, as well as the crucial Module B support document (on the NESA website, I can find for you if you need it). I found it gave me a much better idea of what the module is looking for, and whilst being broad is still an issue, it shifts you focus to textual integrity. I feel like they're not looking for a whole essay on concept x, but rather how concept x (such as form) contributes to textual integrity and works in companion which all other textual choices/themes.

Hope that helps.