Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:58:16 am

Author Topic: Prescribed and related texts  (Read 2264 times)

Sylvia1111

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Prescribed and related texts
« on: October 22, 2021, 01:40:05 pm »
Hey,
I am studying the crucible for my prescribed text and I am unsure of a good related text that would fit the question of 'to what extent your prescribed text and related enhance your perception of the challenges and complexity of the human experience.' I do not want a too long text so if there is a poem or short story it would be excellent. However, if a novel would better suit this topic best, then please list it. Also, any tips on how to make this into a good multimodal piece because that is how it is to be presented?

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
Re: Prescribed and related texts
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2021, 05:34:19 pm »
+3
Hey,
I am studying the crucible for my prescribed text and I am unsure of a good related text that would fit the question of 'to what extent your prescribed text and related enhance your perception of the challenges and complexity of the human experience.' I do not want a too long text so if there is a poem or short story it would be excellent. However, if a novel would better suit this topic best, then please list it. Also, any tips on how to make this into a good multimodal piece because that is how it is to be presented?

Hey Sylvia1111!

Welcome to the forums :D We have a list of recommended related texts that you can check out here :) You could use any of the ones recommended for The Crucible but also for the other texts as well; they're all about the human experience anyway! Ones that I would highlight include A Legend of Truth, Of Mice and Men, and The Rabbits. Though it's not listed, I also would suggest looking into The Lottery if you wanted a good short story to use with similar themes to The Crucible.

As for your assessment, I would aim to reduce your slides down to say around 7 with a title slide, introduction, theme 1 for the prescribed text, theme 1 for the related, theme 2 for the prescribed, theme 2 for the related, conclusion. This structure is one I would use but it depends on what your teachers have suggested (if they have any) for your specific task so feel free to let me know if there is another way they're getting you to do it. Good multi-modal presentations should look engaging but also not detract from what you're actually saying. I would recommend searching for a nice template to work from on Canva or SlidesGo to give it a consistent aesthetic ;D My last piece of advice would be to speak clearly and pace yourself well. It's ultimately still an oral presentation so you want to ensure that your marker can understand what you're saying  :D

Hopefully that helps and do let me know if you have any other questions!

Toodles,

Angelina  ;D

-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

FloraD

• Adventurer
  • You've got this!!!
  • Respect: 0
Re: Prescribed and related texts
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2021, 09:31:55 pm »
Hey!  See if these help:
 beloved, Brave New world, Catch 22, lord of the flies, slaughter house 5, beloved