Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:50:59 am

Author Topic: Books for SDD  (Read 4559 times)  Share 

dongrobbb

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Books for SDD
« on: January 17, 2022, 06:04:24 pm »
Hi There,
What is the best books to get for HSC SDD to help with studying and schoolwork? Thank you very much.

Justin_L

• MOTM: July 20
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +235
Re: Books for SDD
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2022, 09:03:02 pm »
+1
Hi There,
What is the best books to get for HSC SDD to help with studying and schoolwork? Thank you very much.

Hi dongrobbb!

I personally recommend "Software Design and Development - The HSC Course" by Samuel Davis. This was the textbook my school used and after looking at many other textbooks, I think this is probably the most comprehensive one for the HSC course.

I know there were people who in class who complained that the book was a bit fluffy, but I believe Samuel Davis was one of the original members of the exam/syllabus committee who developed this course and wrote many of the NSW independent papers, which many schools use as their trial papers.

I'm not aware of any study guides by ATARNotes or any other tutoring company for that matter, but I did write up an SDD Skills Series early last year from my own experiences with the course.

Hope this helps, and good luck with your studies!
Да здравствует революция государственного модератора

Isaias Rogers

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Books for SDD
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2022, 06:55:45 pm »
"Software Design and Development - The HSC Course" by Samuel Davis is a very good and high quality book, I agree. I like to read books with sociological connotations, which talk about the development of society as a whole. At https://samplius.com/free-essay-examples/sociology/ I read useful sociological articles and find very high quality literature there.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2022, 07:28:47 pm by Isaias Rogers »