General Discussion > Creative Corner

Katie's clarinet corner!!

(1/4) > >>

katie,rinos:
Hey guys,
I really love the idea of this board and think I will sporadically upload some of the pieces I'm working on. I've played the clarinet since year 3 and am probably doing grade 7 at the end of the year so i'll upload some of my recent-ish HSC pieces. I also play beginner piano and saxophone so I might upload some of that once I get practising more (they don't sound amazing at the moment!)

The first piece is called Duo Concertante by Milhaud and is here! This is the recording that I did for the UNSW audition video. I stuffed up a few bits and the piece sounds heaps cooler with piano but it still sounds ok. :)

Second- Brahms 2nd clarinet Sonata 1st Movement here!. This piece is so beautiful and is also one of my HSC ones.

Hope you enjoy!  :D

RuiAce:

--- Quote from: katie,rinos on December 11, 2017, 08:39:33 pm ---Hey guys,
I really love the idea of this board and think I will sporadically upload some of the pieces I'm working on. I've played the clarinet since year 3 and am probably doing grade 7 at the end of the year

--- End quote ---
Wait are you starting or do you already have an upcoming exam?

katie,rinos:

--- Quote from: RuiAce on December 11, 2017, 09:00:50 pm ---Wait are you starting or do you already have an upcoming exam?

--- End quote ---
My clarinet teacher wants me to do grade 7 half way through next year. So i'm doing two of my HSC pieces (the two I've uploaded) and getting more pieces now (really not looking forward to all the scales). :)

RuiAce:

--- Quote from: katie,rinos on December 11, 2017, 09:04:39 pm ---My clarinet teacher wants me to do grade 7 half way through next year. So i'm doing two of my HSC pieces (the two I've uploaded) and getting more pieces now (really not looking forward to all the scales). :)

--- End quote ---
Oh cool! It's pretty convenient when pieces double up. 7th grade should be just fine for you :)

(Ew scales. That's the one thing that I'm really keen about with CMus)

beatroot:
Woahh!! Just watched your videos and they were AMAZING!! Must be sooo cool knowing how to play an instrument. How often did you practice per day/week? What got you into doing clarinet in the first place?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version