QCE Stuff > QTAC Discussion

Missing major offer round

(1/1)

XD12345:
Hi forum,

So I have decided to undertake a bridging course in chemistry to meet a subject prerequisite. The only worry that’s facing me is that the course finishes on the 3rd of June, which means I will miss out on the major offer round. Will going for a later offer round disadvantage my chances for mid-year entry? My atar is moderately above the minimum threshold and I was told this will increase my chances? What do you all think? Is it a big deal missing the major offer round? Will the course completely fill up in that offer round?

Stormbreaker-X:

--- Quote from: XD12345 on December 20, 2020, 11:29:29 am ---Hi forum,

So I have decided to undertake a bridging course in chemistry to meet a subject prerequisite. The only worry that’s facing me is that the course finishes on the 3rd of June, which means I will miss out on the major offer round. Will going for a later offer round disadvantage my chances for mid-year entry? My atar is moderately above the minimum threshold and I was told this will increase my chances? What do you all think? Is it a big deal missing the major offer round? Will the course completely fill up in that offer round?

--- End quote ---
I encourage you to do a different course if you can (a similar course to the one you wanted to do) and in that time do a bridging program after that you can transfer internally. I might be wrong, but I think mid year entry is a lot harder than normal entry.

AngelWings:

--- Quote from: Stormbreaker-X on December 20, 2020, 11:45:55 am ---I might be wrong, but I think mid year entry is a lot harder than normal entry.

--- End quote ---
It's usually not too different, just that there's likely to be less spots available since the majority of people start at the beginning of the year rather than mid-year entry. So, yes it can be harder, but only a little. 

XD12345:

--- Quote from: AngelWings on December 20, 2020, 02:16:19 pm --- It's usually not too different, just that there's likely to be less spots available since the majority of people start at the beginning of the year rather than mid-year entry. So, yes it can be harder, but only a little.

--- End quote ---

Do you think it will be harder to gain entry if I wait until one offer round after the major offer round? I can’t get in during the major offer round because my bridging course would not be done by then, so I have to wait until the next offer round. Would this lower my chances? My atar is well above the minimum threshold

AngelWings:

--- Quote from: XD12345 on December 20, 2020, 06:44:31 pm ---
Do you think it will be harder to gain entry if I wait until one offer round after the major offer round? I can’t get in during the major offer round because my bridging course would not be done by then, so I have to wait until the next offer round. Would this lower my chances? My atar is well above the minimum threshold

--- End quote ---
I'm not quite sure which round you're asking about, unfortunately. I would probably ask the uni you're hoping to get into after the bridging course to confirm that it's possible/ will reduce your chances of getting in. 

There are usually a small number of spots for mid-year entry, as it's not an uncommon occurrence for students to defer, drop out or transfer in/out of courses between semesters, if that's what you meant. I am not sure how many rounds there are within the mid-year entry.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version