Archived Discussion > VCE Science Exams

Psychology: Discussion, Questions & Potential Solutions

(1/17) > >>

Joseph41:

This thread is for all exam-related discussion. Was it easy? Was it hard? What did you get for each question? Feel free to post any and all of your thoughts below.

If you don't have an ATAR Notes account yet, no stress - you can register for free here!

ardria:
- For physiological way of measuring of ASC (2 marks), I said to meausure heart rate as an elevated heart rate would indicate ASC. However this is probably incorrect as you can have an elevated heart rate in NWC. Would the answer be brain waves? I really have no idea. I almost said “check if pupils dilated” haha.

- For the second last SA question (the woman who didn’t like her coworkers), I said a possible biological  factor contributing to development of a mental health disorder was a genetic vulnerability due to family history of mental health disorders. However there was no evidence of this so... 

- Same question as previous one, I had absolutely no idea what an example of a psychological protective factor was. I said positive thinking, haha. 

I found about 5 multiple choice questions  not totally clear what the answer was, which was new as previously it’s been quite clear. One of them I even think may end up having two acceptable answers.

rani_b :
What did people say for the extraneous variable that Jake could have identified? The jet lag q.

addictwithatextbook:

--- Quote from: ardria on November 01, 2018, 12:02:14 pm ---- For the second last SA question (the woman who didn’t like her coworkers), I said a possible biological  factor contributing to development of a mental health disorder was a genetic vulnerability due to family history of mental health disorders. However there was no evidence of this in the question but there didn’t seem to be evidence of any others. 

--- End quote ---

I recall it asked for internal rather then biological factor? So I think it would accept psychological risk factors as well. So I said poor self-efficacy?

--- Quote from: rani_b  on November 01, 2018, 12:09:30 pm ---What did people say for the extraneous variable that Jake could have identified? The jet lag q.

--- End quote ---

I wasn't sure about that question either. I think said something about the geologists who travel are already used to jet lag and so its effects on the cognitive and relationships would be minimised?

That being said, I found that exam harder than practice exams or previous exams. Anyone think so?

rani_b :

--- Quote from: addictwithatextbook on November 01, 2018, 12:13:59 pm ---I recall it asked for internal rather then biological factor? So I think it would accept psychological risk factors as well. So I said poor self-efficacy?

I wasn't sure about that question either. I think said something about the geologists who travel are already used to jet lag and so its effects on the cognitive and relationships would be minimised?

That being said, I found that exam harder than practice exams or previous exams. Anyone think so?

--- End quote ---

Yeah I thought it said internal factor too so I put poor self efficacy.

And yes I said prior experience with travel! I wasn’t sure about it though.

It was very content heavy, not a lot of research methods... I don’t really know what to think haha

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version