Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 19, 2024, 01:10:40 pm

Author Topic: Dropping from English Advanced to Standard??  (Read 5306 times)  Share 

Miki687

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Dropping from English Advanced to Standard??
« on: June 19, 2019, 10:26:58 am »
So, I was wondering...
What happens when you drop from english advanced to standard in year 12? Are your internal assessment marks changed as they are different subjects, or do I still have the same internal mark for standard if I drop from advanced?

3beansoup

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +2
Re: Dropping from English Advanced to Standard??
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 04:37:20 pm »
+2
So, I was wondering...
What happens when you drop from english advanced to standard in year 12? Are your internal assessment marks changed as they are different subjects, or do I still have the same internal mark for standard if I drop from advanced?

So I'm not actually sure how this works but I'll try my best to explain.  I believe your internal marks don't really matter. More important is your rank in the class. They take your internal rank at the end of year 12 and give you a mark adjusted to the marks you get in the HSC exams. Therefore, If you drop down to standard in the middle of year 12, your next assessment mark will give you a rank in the class. This final rank then determines your internal mark once NESA marks and adjusts the exam results. 
So I guess short answer, yes your marks will change for better or for worse (hopefully better  ;D)  if you drop.
~3beansoup