Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 20, 2024, 01:04:41 am

Author Topic: Creative Writing Off a Image  (Read 4325 times)  Share 

TarrickS

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Creative Writing Off a Image
« on: July 29, 2020, 09:47:03 am »
Hello All

I was just wondering if anyone had some tips for writing a effective creative writing piece off a image, as i know its in the HSC

Cheerz in Advance

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
Re: Creative Writing Off a Image
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 01:36:47 pm »
+2
Hello All

I was just wondering if anyone had some tips for writing a effective creative writing piece off a image, as i know its in the HSC

Cheerz in Advance

Hey, TarrickS!

I actually don't know whether for certain NESA will provide an image as a stimulus this year for the HSC (they did one last year for Module C in English Standard so it might be less likely) but it is worth preparing for the possibility anyway in case it comes up in your Trials :D

When you receive an image, it's first important to read the question and see if there is a specific way you are supposed to use it. Do they want you to have it as the main setting of the story? Is the image meant to be used conceptually? Once you know exactly how you are meant to be incorporating it in your response, you should examine it and analyse it as you would any other visual text. See what features it has and really scrutinise to see if you can draw some interesting interpretations from it.

I would then recommend thinking about ways you might reference the image in your response to develop stronger layers of meaning. You can use this using stylistic features inspired from the texts you have studied in Module C. For example, you might use an object in the image as a motif in your response which transforms in its symbolism over the duration of the story, or have the serene, inviting place captured in the image contrasted with the turbulent, emotional experience of the character.

The key thing at the end of it all is to make sure you justify the way you interpreted the image and integrated it into your creative response in the reflection. This is where you have the chance to prove to the marker that you thought about the image critically and really used it as the basis for your writing to emerge from. Hope this helps and let me know if you have any further questions!

Angelina  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music