Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:01:26 am

Author Topic: Detailed Study Oral  (Read 2620 times)  Share 

lolajustice

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Detailed Study Oral
« on: August 10, 2021, 06:11:48 pm »
Hi! I have been a bit confused in regards to the Japanese SL detailed study oral, what kinds of questions they will ask and how it runs. Can anybody help me out at all?

KenW

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +4
Re: Detailed Study Oral
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2021, 12:38:52 am »
+2
GC- There are quite a few categories of questions that they can ask you about, but I prepared 100 questions over 9 sections.
1. Family
2. Neighborhood
3. Friends
4. School
5. Hobbies
6. Your Travels
7. Part Time Job
8. Future
9. Covid 19 (ended up being useless since apparently they couldn't even question students on anything regarding it anyways.)

DS- Basically a FFA. You've gotta choose a good photo so that you can subtly maneuver the conversation in a way that you would like to.
i.e. Not really having a good idea of what you're going to say is bad, since you're not going to be able to answer any questions, but directly prompting them to ask you about XYZ is just as bad, because it's not only disrespectful and shows your lack of knowledge but will probably cause the examiner to question you about something else.

DO - Write a script ASAP, Practice daily with friends/teachers/family members, prepare a lot early. Practicing more prepares you for curveballs, not only because it builds your ability to think under pressure, but because it allows you to consider it and remember it for next time.
DON'T- Remember the script robotically word for word, Leave it to the last minute, Be inflexible (Having just a block of words you've remembered is bad, since you won't be able to adapt to similar questions worded slightly differently.)
Class of 2021
2022-2026: BMedSc/M.D @ Monash