Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 19, 2024, 02:32:07 pm

Author Topic: 1984 Introduction Feedback (I would really appreciate honest opinions!)  (Read 3523 times)  Share 

luke.harris64

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Hey Guys! I've just written my introduction for my 1984 essay and was wondering if there was anything I should improve on. This is the question:
"Orwell’s Nineteen Eighty-Four makes us see our world differently, igniting new ideas about human experiences."

Here is my introduction:

Texts allow for the ignition of new ideas about human experiences, inviting readers to interpret the world differently through previously unseen perspectives. George Orwell’s “Nineteen Eighty-Four (1984)”(1949) gives insight into the ways a ruthless totalitarian regime deprives the individual of freedom and personal autonomy, thereby creating a brutalized society. Orwell additionally ignites the idea of fear as a vessel for maintaining power, detailing the consequential degradation of human relationships and limiting of empathy and compassion within society. Ultimately, Orwell challenges that regardless of humanity’s resilience and desire to rebel against social injustice, such effort is futile in the face of politically oppressive governing. Thus, Nineteen Eighty-Four’s portrayal of the human experience exhorts the reader into seeing their world differently, developing their own perception of political authority within the world.

Thankyou everyone who responds!