Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 06:44:02 am

Author Topic: My Friend is currently struggling with his subjects  (Read 2087 times)  Share 

GoodGod

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
My Friend is currently struggling with his subjects
« on: April 29, 2022, 10:52:00 am »
Hi everyone,
I have a friend, who is currently really struggling with his subjects. He currently takes Chemistry, Revs, Physics, Methods and English.
English - he is doing fairly well in it, getting an 'A' for his for creative SAC
Physics - He got B and D+ for his first 2 Sacs
Revs - he got D+ for his first SAC
Chemistry - He got C+ for his first SAC
Methods - No Sacs yet

He wants to get a 98 ATAR, he did Systems engineering last year and got a 39 RAW, marked down to 36 i think.

What steps should he take to achieve this goal?

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: My Friend is currently struggling with his subjects
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2022, 03:34:30 pm »
+3
we've got pretty generic info (not a criticism btw, this is common) so the advice will have to be pretty generic too. Identifying why those marks are lost is key for figuring out how to gain them instead. 

D+ in a physics SAC suggests to me that there is likely to be an understanding gap where your friend doesn't fully get the topic. In this case,  asking for advice on how to tackle x topic may be useful,  and likewise looking at other sources of explanation for it could be great too (e.g. video, sources of written explanation other than textbook etc.)

I recommend your friend looking at where the marks are being lost and trying to see if there are any trends or patterns.  I also recommend looking at some of the great guides available for chemistry and physics  in those subforums (e.g. Vaike's) for subject specific advice. 

Good luck and feel free to ask any follow up questions!