Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:06:44 pm

Author Topic: maii's journey getting thru highschool :PP  (Read 2103 times)

m3pty

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
maii's journey getting thru highschool :PP
« on: June 07, 2022, 05:27:21 pm »
+7
Hey all!!
Lil introoo:
My name is mai, as of this year I am in year 10 (class of 2024). :P
I just wanted to make an entry about my vce journey for the last years of my highschool life and have little snapshots of the big step up to vce basically.

This year I've had the choice in exploring different subjects and really finding out what i like best and what my strengths are. I can say that I am more into the science subjects and humanities/ english ones as literally I am quite happy with my assessment tasks from both term 1 and term 2. However I have had a fumble with maths extension this past semester but I hope to overcome this by working extremely hard for the next semester. But i'm still very nervous about taking maths next year and that step to methods..

My subjects for this year include>>
> Maths extension
> General science
> English
> History
> Psychology
> STEM

For VCE I hope to pick up a unit 1&2 this coming semester however I am not sure how it will all plan out but otherwise if it works out I hope to do Psych 1&2 this year. Then in year 11: english or eng lang, methods, biology, chemistry and psych (if i don't do it this year). My dreams as of now are quite broad and as I'm very much interested in mostly science subjects but do enjoy english/hums. I aspire to work towards a career in the medical field bc of the new challenges each and every day whilst helping someone completely different or the same as the last patient.

*quick note* (this journal may be a little weird at times and just me complaining but feel free to lmk what you think :))
« Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 06:24:16 pm by m3pty »

lm21074

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +594
Re: maii's journey getting thru highschool :PP
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2022, 08:27:55 pm »
+1
Welcome to ATAR Notes, Mai!

Is there any healthcare career in particular that draws your interest?

Excited to read your future updates! :)
2021: VCE
2022: Science / Arts @ Monash

m3pty

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2022, 08:52:29 pm »
+2
Welcome to ATAR Notes, Mai!

Is there any healthcare career in particular that draws your interest?

Excited to read your future updates! :)

helloooo.. thanks for popping by
> I haven't set my mind to it yet but mainly im very interested in learning more about emergency medicine and even neurosurgery as learning what they do is honestly a career I see myself pursing. Hopefully it all works out. :)

m3pty

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2022, 09:37:05 pm »
+4
Update week 7! of T2

The past week was so hectic i swear i was full on making it thru the week by just telling myself it would all be over soon lolll. Anyway i had around 3 exams & 2 y10 tests to do. basically monday and tuesday were my only free days with no tests or anything so i had to study real hard and prepare myself for the week. Oh and UPDATE i was not able to get the Unit 1&2 for Psych bc of this policy my school has. I dont really know what to do but i do have to still study harder to possibly be able to do a 3&4 if i want to next year.. but i was jus hoping to do it this year ughh oh well :( On the bright side i got chosen to go on ski camp from school so now jus waiting for it to be confirmed and everything so i can gooooo yay plus also i cant wait for the holidays with just this half week to go then the final week will come shortly heh :P I had to also do my language exams which was one reading and one verbal ugh lowkey think i messed up bad but the writing one is next week so i have to practise grammar a lot...

Exams this week :

STEM exam - Honestly by far the written exam was so straight forward and simple to understand because it was quite broad and on what I had been learning for many years so relieved that i understood every aspect it of tbh. Quite happy with that one, but i still have the 2nd part which is the prototype model to do with a partner. Lowkey progress is so slow but i will get it done asappp. what i keep telling myself... BUT this friday my teacher picked a couple of girls to attend a girls in STEM program to look more into Civil Engineering at a local company to do some hands on work and i cant wait for that. :OO UPDATE! jun 15th OMG I DID SOOO WELL :OO

Psychology exam/ y10 test - I was so happy when i saw the exam paper and how it was mostly on case studies based on the brain functions, neurons and the NS. There was also a bit on mental health and before the exam I had completed the year 10 assessment on mental health but didnt do as well as i thought so i was quite eh about mental health but mainly studied terms and they were on the exam and it didn't go too bad so that's a positive tha i learnt from my mistakes. still upset that i'll jus have to continue the elective and not unit 2 this year. loll but yes now just waiting for the resultsss for the exam ahh.

History y10 test - The day before this test I didn't even know how to study for it but still went throughly over the lessons we had and the tasks we did in class. Luckily I had a double the day of the test and my teacher went thru sucess criteria of the test which was based bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki so i was in a safe spot. So at least i was paying attention then lmaoo but the sources that I had to analyse were the ones we viewed in class which made sense and then we had to construct just a paragraph from our evidence which were the sources, the dates and all plus the explanations. I was actually quite okay with how this test went since i wasnt rushing to get it done and had time left to check over everything. UPDATE jun 14th (I checked my results and I got above standard i'm quite proud of myself yaya :))

Science exam - I felt good going into the exam as i had been doing well on the tests in class on both chemistry and biology which was reassuring for me. For study i went over what I got wrong for all the tests I did but also what was old in my mind since I had completed the chemistry unit a week before this exam and i was so proud of myself with the grade I got ahh. For biology I focused definitions, punnett squares and simple ratios as I heard it was common on the exam plus the simple pmat stages with images bc on my test the meiosis stages were throwing me off anyway glad i did all that. but my teacher wasnt here to clarify any questions so i was rolling with whatever at that point but when i came out the exam i definitely knew i got this question wrong on inheritance i dont remember what it was but someone was talking about it and i was like oh no i do not even know what i did which is the worst feeling coming out of an exam HAHHH. otherwise glad it's all over damnnn. UPDATE OMG IM SO PROUD I DID VERY WELL BETTER THAN I THOUGHT

okay duces from mai. tbh life is okay but also not okay rn yk  8)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 08:56:59 pm by m3pty »

m3pty

• Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2022, 01:01:35 pm »
+2
Update week 8&9 of T2

Hellooo everyone what a crazy 2 weeks it has been damn so glad it's all over now. I literally have been taking it easy and trying to figure out how to organise my holidays well with breaks and still trying to get ahead and all. Because for real next term I need to be at my A game ahh plus subject selections but overall i need a break. So happy that my family has planned a small getaway so i can chill and live lmaooo but yes very grateful. Mainly I'm proud of myself this term, over the last 6 months really i have grown and learnt loads so I'm happy with the results on my assessments and exams, some could've been better eh but yk since my reports are coming out later today Im feeling pretty alright and i just want to reward myself AHAH. I have an interview for my language exams which is tmr and I did pretty well on the writing sections since the teacher went thru them after the exam which was so scary bc we had just done the exam but yesss it was good.

social life rn:
I kind of want to talk about this a bit more bc i am a very introverted/ extroverted person lmao all in one. And since i do many extracurricular it can so hard to balance and find that perfect equal for everything yk like the amount of time i put into "x" might not be the same amount of time i put into "y" but i just want to focus next term too mainly on finding that balance and to continue enjoying my schooling plus being social with my friends and work etc.

Subjects I will be focusing on in the holidays for T3!!

Maths- I really need to start getting ahead for maths this term my marks were not the best lowkey wanted to cry but i had no motivation or anything kind of didnt even care when I did pass the test... BUT next term is statistics and trig and for maths i like those topics. But for maths always find myself in a tough situation right before my tests where i havent done some exercises or fully grasped topics that i would've liked to cover way as i go along and do the work and not the night before the exam having to crap lmao. then getting really bad scores :P it is such a bad habit ughh and its all my fault hahh..

English- In the holidays i have to read mice and men so that should be easy to do plus I want to focus well bc my english teacher is my fav he is so wholesome and nice but unfortunately he wont be teaching my class anymore so i might start to struggle eh hopefully not but i would like to be put together yk for my own sake.

Science- Really excited to start physics next term and I want to do my best by understanding all the content and everything so I might start some chapter questions or review some of my old notes about this topic from last year but I wont go too in depth yk.

hope you all have a great holiday and make sure to reward yourself hehe.  8) 8)
ok duces from mai..

jinx_58

• Trendsetter
  • "I am not afraid to walk this world alone" - MCR
  • Respect: +22
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2022, 07:16:06 pm »
+1
Just some quick advice from a kiddo in year 12 (and in the QCE system, lol).

For math, practice is key. Like, there's no easy way out of it. I (sadly) learnt the hard way, but my grades have been looking up lately, which is pretty amazing and hard work pays off. With math, you just need to learn how to like it, at least to a certain extent. You've got this, keep going. Trust me when I say it's soooooo much better to learn your mistakes now, than year 11.

You can do this,
 -jinx_58
Class of 2022!
Currently doing Unit 4: QCE
Physics || Chemistry ||Methods || General English || Ancient History || Religion & Ethics
My Year 12 QCE Journal!

m3pty

• Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2022, 07:15:33 pm »
Just some quick advice from a kiddo in year 12 (and in the QCE system, lol).

For math, practice is key. Like, there's no easy way out of it. I (sadly) learnt the hard way, but my grades have been looking up lately, which is pretty amazing and hard work pays off. With math, you just need to learn how to like it, at least to a certain extent. You've got this, keep going. Trust me when I say it's soooooo much better to learn your mistakes now, than year 11.

You can do this,
 -jinx_58

AHH thank you sm i really needed that motivation and yes i really need to practise loads to eventually like it but the problem is also my teacher. I feel like most of the time I am just self learning even though my teacher puts up notes she doesnt really go in depth with the topic but next term i will def ask more questions (which i suck at doing idk why) but yesss i really want to see good results and put in that extra workkkk.