Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:46:02 am

Author Topic: ICP Test  (Read 1327 times)  Share 

Aligator1000

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
ICP Test
« on: April 11, 2022, 02:14:56 pm »
Hi all, I will be sitting the ICP test this Saturday and I am looking for answers for these questions:
1) Is the test hard?
2) Is the test harder than the actual selective test?
3) What are the topics that come up in each test?

justaperson_

• Adventurer
Re: ICP Test
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2022, 11:16:58 am »
Hey!
I did the ICP course last year and ill share my insights on it.
1. I would say the test is 'hard' but that is quite a subjective thing to say. I would say from experience that numerical and reading comp were the hardest for me but that is honestly subjective.

2. Well, honestly speaking if you are comparing to last years exam. The reading comp from the selective was actually easier than the ICP reading comp test. BUT this is just my personal opinion and GENERALLY speaking, the selective exam is harder than the ICP exam. Bc the maths section from the ICP don't even compare to the selective one.

3. Now I can't tell you the exact topics and such but I can give you a general idea for each component. Tbh, math was the easiest component for me as you basically only needed 'basic' year 9 knowledge to do decently well. Verbal, I remember required and a lot of advanced vocab, proverbs, logical questions ect. Reading comp consisted a lot of proverbs as well and these annoying questions that were a whole paragraph long and you needed to find the 'general idea' or 'theme' of the paragraph (if that makes sense). Numerical was honestly difficult as like 3/4 of the exam were just these long worded problems and the rest were basically number patterns. I remember our writing topic was a persuasive and somewhere along the lines of 'believe whether or whether not young people
s motivation to play sports is for the prize money'.

This is just a general note but honestly speaking the ICP course was 'decent'. It had pretty good tests (especially the english ones) but personally I didnt find the teaching to be great. Btw if you didnt already know, I think how the system works is that if you get 60% or more on average for the tests you can get into the A class. Then it was like 50% - 60% was B and 40-50% was C. I got into the A class and im gonna be honest, there isnt much difference between the 3 classes, its just the people in the class that might be smarter but its not a huge thing. Dont get upset if you didnt get into the A class cos it honestly doesnt even matter now that im looking back on it.

Anyways, I hope this helps for anything its worth. :)

Aligator1000

• Adventurer
Re: ICP Test
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2022, 12:41:54 pm »
Hey, thanks for the information.
If you don't mind could you tell me what scores you got on each test, so I know what level I need to be at seeming as though you got into the A class.