Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:49:42 am

Author Topic: Read a question wrong - am I getting 0?  (Read 4493 times)  Share 

worldno1

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Read a question wrong - am I getting 0?
« on: June 12, 2019, 02:52:26 pm »
So we just had a 4U exam - for a mechanics question, we were meant to find velocity as a function of time for the ascent, but I did for the descent. Am I going to get 0 for that? I believe my working for the descent should be correct. The question was out of 3 marks.
From anyone's past experience, do you think I'll get 0?

stella_atarnotes

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +13
Re: Read a question wrong - am I getting 0?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 04:01:07 pm »
+3
So we just had a 4U exam - for a mechanics question, we were meant to find velocity as a function of time for the ascent, but I did for the descent. Am I going to get 0 for that? I believe my working for the descent should be correct. The question was out of 3 marks.
From anyone's past experience, do you think I'll get 0?

This can sometimes depend on the marker. Usually there will be things like carry forward errors that applies if you read the question wrong. To get these marks you would need to have the correct working out for "descent" and have all the correct calculations.

For any exams you do in future, I highly recommend underlining the key words of the question so that you can avoid the mistake in future. Hope it goes well!