Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:10:57 am

Author Topic: Breadth  (Read 2453 times)  Share 

cgeorge

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Breadth
« on: December 09, 2021, 12:36:17 pm »
Hello,
Does anyone know how many breadth subjects you can do throughout you course? For instance, can you / can you not stick with one breadth subject the entire duration of your course, or is there / is there not a certain amount of breadth subjects you must do.

Good luck for the 16th everyone!

ArtyDreams

• MOTM: Jan 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Fly against the wind. Not with it.
  • Respect: +599
Re: Breadth
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2021, 01:47:17 pm »
+2
Hello,
Does anyone know how many breadth subjects you can do throughout you course? For instance, can you / can you not stick with one breadth subject the entire duration of your course, or is there / is there not a certain amount of breadth subjects you must do.

Good luck for the 16th everyone!

Hi!

I’m speaking as a science student here, but I’m assuming the rules will be similar/the same for the other courses.

You must to do 50 points of breadth subjects at least, which is equal to 4 subjects. A subject (usually) runs for a semester.
You also have another 25 points (2 subjects) that you can use for elective subjects for your course or breadth subjects.

You can find more info here: https://students.unimelb.edu.au/your-course/manage-your-course/planning-your-course-and-subjects/breadth-subjects

Hope this helps, let me know if you have other questions!