Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 08:09:33 am

Author Topic: Yr 11 history anyone?  (Read 14528 times)  Share 

Iniquity

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +4
  • School Grad Year: 2013
Re: Yr 11 history anyone?
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 10:14:33 pm »
Give it a go and see if you like it :) That's the good thing about 1/2s, haha.

If you're looking for subjects to do without 3/4, I'd definitely recommend Legal! I'm doing it this year and I'm finding it really interesting. I think you'd be better suited to it if you're more of an English/Humanities person though.

walkec

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2012, 06:29:35 pm »
Funny you should mention legal because one of my friends is doing 1/2 as his accelerated at the moment, and he said he could see me doing legal. I was maybe thinking picking up business management, do you need 1/2?

Iniquity

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +4
  • School Grad Year: 2013
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2012, 06:43:17 pm »
Sooo lucky! In year 10, we only got to choose between History and Geography.

From what I've heard, Business without 1/2 should be pretty doable too. :)

walkec

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2012, 07:45:27 pm »
Sooo lucky! In year 10, we only got to choose between History and Geography.

From what I've heard, Business without 1/2 should be pretty doable too. :)

Hahaha, yeah we are pretty lucky, we get to pick from pretty much everything that the school offers  :)

Macaron

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2012, 12:28:42 am »
Is it worth doing?
I might be planning on doing it for yr 11.

Is it hard?

walkec

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2012, 05:25:17 pm »
As with any VCE subject, it is worth doing if you enjoy the subject.
Same goes for a subject being hard. How hard a subject is, is relative to how much effort you are prepared to put in, if you enjoy the subject and if you are willing to try and extend yourself.

One of my friends is doing history 1/2 as her accelerated, and from what I have heard, if you do the things I have mentioned above, you will do very, very well in the subject.  :)

Good luck :)

Macaron

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2012, 10:21:47 am »
Any books you guys would recommend for 1/2?

cassthegiraffe

• Victorian
  • Fresh Member
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2013, 02:27:10 pm »
Im a year 10 student doing History 1   2 this year and finding it a bit intimidating but useful as it puts me ahead in my year 10 humanities class, so as suggested I will be completing 3   4 next year, in year 11. Are the revolution topics harder to grasp? Do you cover lots of different eras, so far in 1   2 we have only covered 20th century history. Do you go back earlier in 3   4?

hannahroseillia

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2014, 03:22:20 pm »
I am taking Year 11 History this year and I find it incredibly easy. I was TERRIBLE at History in Year 10 but I put in a lot of work and now I get A's in every SAC I have so far done and tests I have taken. It takes time but it's definitely a subject you need to explore.

Let's say you are studying the Russia revolution and you are told to research what happened. You'll need to first search who the leader was the the time, what he did, what kind of government Russia was under, what were the Tsars influences...
It can take awhile to understand. If you having trouble to remember details I suggest you make revision cards or download an app on your phone were you can create quizzes for yourself.

I hope this has helped you and enjoy the subject.