Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:43:58 pm

Author Topic: French Resources 2008  (Read 3275 times)  Share 

memka

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
French Resources 2008
« on: December 18, 2007, 01:12:24 pm »
Salut,

Je m'appelle Memka et j'étudierai le français l'année prochaine.
Avez-vous conseil ou suggestions pour moi?
Je dois vraiment s'améliorer ma parler et compréhension d'écoute.

2007: Psychology
2008: English, Methods, Biology, French, Music Solo        ENTER: 92.65
2009: Bachelor of Arts @ ANU

Pencil

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +3
Re: French Resources 2008
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 01:57:32 pm »
Just practice, practice practice! For listening, the best thing to do is download podcasts. You can get them free from the itunes store and they come in varying levels of difficulty. I tried to listen to one a night when i was eating tea or something.
My spoken french used to be my weak point, mainly because i never wanted to try the accents, especially rolling the 'r' haha. A few months before the oral my french teacher went through alot of the subtleties of the pronunciation with me, and i used to listen to alot of stuff and then just repeat it. My spoken french improved sooo much just by doing that and by not being too embarrassed to actually try (ha does that make sense??) My french teacher always told me to talk to myself in french (you can't just do it in your head though), but i never did cos i thought that was a bit odd haha until a month or so before my oral and that helps so try that. Just speak it as much as you can in class etc.
With the written, our teacher used to get us to do journals. A good idea might be to get a copy of some questions in the same style as the ones on the exam and do one a week or something.
And then read! Your school should have some books if not I bought harry potter in french off amazon on the internet and got them delivered and i think that really helped too.
Then you can watch movies/listen to french music/watch sbs french news etc.
Yeah all i can say is just keep practising really. If you like the class it makes it alot easier

Pencil

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 01:59:52 pm »
Shit haha didn't realise I wrote so much.
Oh and sorry i replied in english i have only had 3 hours sleep and i am not in french mode at alll haha

smicard

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 06:21:23 pm »
Alors je voudrais me presenter comme Smicard (en francais ca veut dire "miminum wage worker"); j'etudierai le francais 3/4 l'annee prochaine, ayant but definitif d'une note 40+.  Pour pratiquer, en ce qui concerne la compréhension d'écoute, d'habitude je regarde le journal de tv5monde.org, comprenant 90-95 %.Je tenterai de faire attirer d'autres ici.  Comment faire les accents ici?

pardon; je suis pas un homme peu loquace! merci de vos conseils goosefraba

(p.s. je veux qu'on voie mes essais pour evaluer mon niveau?) :)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 06:23:02 pm by smicard »

Jeffree

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 07:45:00 pm »
moi deux.. je plaisante..je m'appelle Jeff haha moi aussi j'étudierai le francais en 2008, ce sera très difficile. Je veux ecouter the podcasts mais je ne sais pas le nom de the podcasts. Anybody know the names of some on going ones? merci beaucoup!

reg

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2007, 07:51:36 pm »
Si t'as iTunes, c'est très facile à chercher "French" sur podcasts.

melanie.dee

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 11:33:33 pm »
i cant be bothered typing in french either. baha goose we've gotten very lazy since all our french talking during the year haha

anyway i agree, just constantly surround yourself with french. i didnt do much "study" per se, rather than just always watching french movies, listening to french podcasts, reading french books just cos i was really passionate about it. it helps so much that i didnt approach it as a school subject but rather a mission to improve my level of language and be able to speak it! however, technically, its good to practice the skills tested at vce too. at the start of the year our teacher compiled a list of lots of essay topic, and we were supposed to do 1 a week. i dont think i ever did ahha, but i shouldve! look up all the different lang exams for topic ideas, because they have translations of the topics on chinese, german etc exams. that way you're keeping the french ones for prac exams at the end of the year.

agreed with the talking to yourself bit. the amount people improved in their spoken french in the month leadingup the oral was amazing. now imagine if you did that all year. just talk to yourself at home, talk to friends in french, conciously make yourself think in french and go over things in your head in french

if you need help or want stuff corrected, there are a few of us here that will be to do that!

Jeffree

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2007, 08:26:10 pm »
lol thanks

memka

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 01:28:29 pm »
Merci pour ton conseil!
J'essayerai d'écrire en français toute le fois ici et
je l'apprécierais considérablement si tu pourrais corriger et/ou
expliquer n'importe quelles erreurs dans des mes poteaux.

2007: Psychology
2008: English, Methods, Biology, French, Music Solo        ENTER: 92.65
2009: Bachelor of Arts @ ANU

Jeffree

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 04:11:45 pm »
gosh, j'espere que vous m'aideriez, parce qu'il apparait vous etes dans controle de votre francais. Excepte umm "si tu pourrais corriger et/ou
expliquerais n'importe quelles..." apres "et" ou "ou" le verbe doit conjugate je pense. :angel:

Pencil

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2007, 10:11:26 pm »
gosh, j'espere que vous m'aideriez, parce qu'il apparait vous etes dans controle de votre francais. Excepte umm "si tu pourrais corriger et/ou
expliquerais n'importe quelles..." apres "et" ou "ou" le verbe doit conjugate je pense. :angel:

non, il avait raison.
il a dit "si tu pourrais corriger et expliquer''
You conjugate 'pouvoir' but 'corriger' and 'expliquer' stay in the infinitive form

side note: all of you frenchies, write in the 'parlez en français' thread!! noooow