Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 04:35:30 am

Author Topic: [English] Context(Expository)-Encountering Conflict  (Read 1509 times)  Share 

MeLucky

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +4
  • School Grad Year: 2011
[English] Context(Expository)-Encountering Conflict
« on: July 27, 2011, 05:38:49 pm »
+1
Hey guys, I've only written a practice body paragraph so I can perfect my body paragraphs for future context essays so it would be nice to have specific advice on this.
Thanks alot  ;D

‘Big Idea’: Stress and tension can exacerbate situations, resulting in conflict.

During times of hardship, people may struggle in keeping themselves under control. Minor disturbances that would usually be seen as insignificant may act as considerable stressors and worsen the situation at hand. This is evidenced in the novel, The Rugmaker of Mazar-E-Sharif, written by Robert Hillman(?). The protagonist of the story, Najaf Mazari states that sometimes petty arguments occur over the game  Biscot, ‘One player makes a mistake, and another player growls. There is nothing at stake, but still there are arguments.’ He explains these disputes happen because they are on edge,’ ...probably we would all relax a bit, but because we don’t know, every day is full of tension.’ It is simply human in nature to react in opposing ways to others when faced with a situation that has been heightened by unease and apprehension. It may be said that as humans, we should be able to discipline ourselves to calm down and look realistically at a situation. However, in light of our humanity it would be foolish and ignorant to believe that we have the ability to react calmly to every situation encountered.       
Bleh.