Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 11:18:01 pm

Author Topic: So how did everyone go on the exam?  (Read 4060 times)  Share 

tasek

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
So how did everyone go on the exam?
« on: November 08, 2011, 02:20:29 pm »
To be honest, I am so glad it's over. I was not prepared for this exam at all.

I had a tough time analysing the two artworks about women with the cultural framework. It didn't give you a lot to talk about.
And I totally ran out of time. Had less than 10 minutes to do the one about the cast iron figures at the beach.
Psych: 40

2011: (aiming for)
Literature: (42+) English: (40+) Further: (38)
Art: (40) VCD: (40)

jane1234

Re: So how did everyone go on the exam?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 02:46:23 pm »
Can a mod please move this to the appropriate "exam discussion" board? :)

Hey, yeah I kind of winged it, I didn't do much prep except for memorizing dates and titles of my artworks (haha kind of necessary) and memorizing commentaries.

Did you include commentaries for your issue (last question)? I did even though it didn't say to, I guess they won't take marks off though... the rest of the exam was fairly straightforward, but you're right it is a very time-pressured exam. I had to look at the clock every two seconds and I made sure I only spent half an hour on section A and half an hour on B so that I had enough time for C.

I was so glad they made the issue response only out of 10, because I was a lot stronger in my analytical frameworks than the issue. I do know what you mean about the women, I think my answer was absolute rubbish and kind of repeated what they gave you in the little descriptions. Oh well, it's over now! The hard thing about Art is that you can't predict how you went... but we will find out soon enough :)

tasek

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Re: So how did everyone go on the exam?
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 08:15:35 pm »
I only properly prepared for the frameworks question at the end with one artist instead of two. HUGE mistake. I really don't know what I was thinking. So I just picked the only artwork I could remember the name and artist of, guessed the date and did cultural framework.  My analysis of Delacroix was thorough but my analysis of the second piece was utter garbage.

I did the same with the women one. Pretty much just summed up the two descriptions of the works.

And yes I included commentaries. My teacher said it was imperative. You had to discuss two point of view on the work implying you needed evidence to support it thus commentaries were necessary.

I was also very skecthy on the term 'visual analysis'. I interpreted it as formal framework-esque. Bleh. I was hoping for 'stylistc qualities' because I definitely studied that.

This whole exam is stupid. Only one section relates to any theory work we did all year. The other two sections are utter rubbish.
Psych: 40

2011: (aiming for)
Literature: (42+) English: (40+) Further: (38)
Art: (40) VCD: (40)