Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:10:10 am

Author Topic: How did everyone go?!  (Read 7111 times)  Share 

squiddler

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
How did everyone go?!
« on: November 11, 2011, 05:46:40 pm »
Exam's over, how did you all find it?
Last year, the cut off for an A+ was around 60 out of 90, so I'm feeling confident, there were only two short answer questions (the one about key frames in video compression), a multiple choice question and I'm pretty sure I screwed up the easing on the animation part, but apart from that, I think I did pretty well :) Hopefully well enough for a 45 anyway :P

HSG08

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
Re: How did everyone go?!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 06:17:55 pm »
Too hard to tell lol..

nos488

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • School: wsc
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 06:25:53 pm »
i posted this in vce discussions i'll just copy and paste it

I've just got home from my multimedia exam except the problem was the computers stuffed up and we had to resort to writing out the exam by hand not only did we have to write out the exam the whole practical part of the exam was taken out which DEFINITELY is my strong point can they do this can i get my score based off the theory when i'm a stronger practical worker. Also i couldn't use the computer to double check any of my theory answers which i could have done if i was on the computer

squiddler

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 06:33:34 pm »
i posted this in vce discussions i'll just copy and paste it

I've just got home from my multimedia exam except the problem was the computers stuffed up and we had to resort to writing out the exam by hand not only did we have to write out the exam the whole practical part of the exam was taken out which DEFINITELY is my strong point can they do this can i get my score based off the theory when i'm a stronger practical worker. Also i couldn't use the computer to double check any of my theory answers which i could have done if i was on the computer

Holy crap that is just awful, just awful. Hopefully all goes well for you bud, maybe they'll do something with derived score and just work off your sac marks?

HSG08

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 06:34:13 pm »
Man this exam was glitched as hell. The SA question where you had to describe what technique was used was f'ed up lol!
In the majority of instances the ball is frame by frame animation (hope im correct :D) but sometimes the ball would animate smoothly as though it looked like it was tweened so i was confused as to which technique i was use to answer the question >.>

HSG08

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 06:34:55 pm »
would use*

Rebound

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 06:44:10 pm »
I think I nailed it, the theory was perfect for me; triple-checked everything and I'm almost certain I got %100. As for the questions I think I went pretty well, but the short answers are always so uncertain in what's exactly correct haha.

dbraid

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • School: Buckley Park College
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 07:23:49 pm »
Hey don't know if this makes me look really stupid, but what was the answer to the 1st short answer question.

It was something asking where we find info about 2d animation or something like that. I think i stuffed it up completely.

Overall wasn't too bad, but the holes in my theory knowledge were badly exposed (which can be partly blamed on the lack of an official textbook)
2010 - Further Maths [39]

2011 Aims - English [35+], International Studies [38+], IT Applications [43+], Media [40+], VCE Interactive Digital Media [43+]

2011 Realistically - English [10+], International Studies [10+], IT Applications [10+], Media [10+], VCE Interactive Digital Media [10+]
(and that's before scaling :P)

Rebound

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 08:03:00 pm »
**Oops meant practical was the one I did well in, wasnt sure about a lot of the theory

dbraid: I wasn't sure about that one either haha, I just wrote books and the internet

ruvidee

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2011, 09:45:35 pm »
Man this exam was glitched as hell. The SA question where you had to describe what technique was used was f'ed up lol!
In the majority of instances the ball is frame by frame animation (hope im correct :D) but sometimes the ball would animate smoothly as though it looked like it was tweened so i was confused as to which technique i was use to answer the question >.>
i said easing?

nos488

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • School: wsc
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2011, 09:59:46 pm »
i said easing too and i said it's used either accelerate or decelerate tweens it was kinda a guess though as i haven't used it that much

Duckdodgers

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2011, 09:52:53 am »
Pretty good, the only one that I can remember that f'd me over was the Key frames/CSS Padding one, but I think I managed to bs those.
2011 ATAR- 89.60
Digital Media - 45
Further Maths - 40
History Revolutions - 39
English - 36
Viscom - 37

dbraid

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • School: Buckley Park College
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2011, 11:35:18 am »
**Oops meant practical was the one I did well in, wasnt sure about a lot of the theory

dbraid: I wasn't sure about that one either haha, I just wrote books and the internet

Yeah that question was a strange one. I wasn't sure  if they were talking about 2D design in general (in which your answer would be right), or more so about individual 2D designs - and hence looking at its properties and meta tags. I put the latter, but I think I got it completely wrong.

Oh well there goes 2 marks and any chance I had of getting over 40!
2010 - Further Maths [39]

2011 Aims - English [35+], International Studies [38+], IT Applications [43+], Media [40+], VCE Interactive Digital Media [43+]

2011 Realistically - English [10+], International Studies [10+], IT Applications [10+], Media [10+], VCE Interactive Digital Media [10+]
(and that's before scaling :P)

HSG08

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2011, 01:03:09 am »
i said easing too and i said it's used either accelerate or decelerate tweens it was kinda a guess though as i haven't used it that much

i was talking about part a
but yeah i said tweening for the 2nd