Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:27:44 pm

Author Topic: biomedical science in year 12  (Read 2397 times)  Share 

Fishyiscool

• Custom1
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +21
  • School: I shouldnt say.
  • School Grad Year: 2012
biomedical science in year 12
« on: November 16, 2011, 05:46:46 pm »
I'm currently in year 11 and i was wondering if anyone had done specifically uni biomedical science in year 12? or even anyone who's done any uni subject in year 12 could answer?
What's it like?
Is it a lot of work?
Do you have to be suuuuuper smart to get in?
Will it be too much alongside methods, spesh, chem and italian?
Thanks if you can answer any of these questions for me! :)
Happy enough after one hell of a year.

<3 Life goal: ---->  Prosthetics and Orthotics
2013 - bachelor of health sciences/master of clinical prosthetics and orthotics at La trobe :))

Mi piacerebbe aiutare gli altri studenti che studiano l'italiano quest' anno. Mi mandi un messaggio e possiamo chiacchierare x)

dc302

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +53
  • School: Melbourne High School
  • School Grad Year: 2009
Re: biomedical science in year 12
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 05:18:15 am »
Uni biomedical science? Never knew that existed :o
2012-2015 - Doctor of Medicine (MD) @ UniMelb
2010-2011 - Bachelor of Science (BSc) majoring in Pure Mathematics @ UniMelb
2009 - VCE [99.70] -- Eng [43] - Methods [44] - Chem [44] - JapSL [45] - Spesh [45] - MUEP Jap [5.5]

pHysiX

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • RAWRRRRRR!
  • Respect: +2
  • School: Wellington Secondary College
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2011, 09:40:38 am »
I did NOT do uni-biomedical science in year 12.

I HAVE done a  biomedical science degree (as in studied it for a year :P).
I honestly believe that there will be a lot of work to put in. I found even first year units to be really "full-on" (physics and chem was pretty much year 12 stuff. but everything else was new to me). Also, I found biomedical science to be sooooo mind-numbing and boring, and my grades suffered dramatically; thus i transferred at the end of last year :D I have friends that actually really enjoy biomedical science, but they put in roughly 3-4 times the amount of effort i put in (and i actually attended majority of my lectures >.<).

I HAVE done a uni subject for year 12 (maths @ monash).
Honestly, I had a pretty awesome year for maths @ monash. My lecturers/tutors were chris hough and alan couchman. They made learning so much easier and fun. It really made me appreciate the nature of numbers and calculus. In terms of effort, I started out doing roughly 4-8hrs per week, then it just dwindled to a constant 3hrs per week since my year 12 subjects were more important.

With your current subjects, I just say why not? It is up to you and how you feel about dealing with an extra study-burden. I had spesh, physics, chem and uni maths in year 12, and i found it very manageable because somehow, the flow of work fitted well together. I actually enjoyed studying that stuff. So with the ridiculous assignments from uni maths, i still found time and pleasure in doing everything, even staying up until 3am :P

For whatever you choose, good luck. I hope the depth of uni biomedical science wont be as tough as the actual degree =] I hope i have helped :P
2010: BBiomedSC/LLB
2011: BE (ECSE)/LLB

2011: Dean's Honours (Engineering)
2012: Dean's Honours (Engineering)

"Hey sweety! I love you like e^x"
"Always exponentially increasing and never equal to zero"
<3

Fishyiscool

• Custom1
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +21
  • School: I shouldnt say.
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2011, 08:53:49 pm »
thanks heaps, physix :)
I was talking to my school friends about it today and apparently if we want to do a uni subject, it has to be on top of what we already do. That would be eng, methods, chem, italian, spesh (and year 11 religion) PLUS the uni subject. Tooo much!
I think I'm pushing myself enough for year 12 anyway, I should probably just focus on the subjects I chose hahaa. I'll leave uni till uni... :)
Happy enough after one hell of a year.

<3 Life goal: ---->  Prosthetics and Orthotics
2013 - bachelor of health sciences/master of clinical prosthetics and orthotics at La trobe :))

Mi piacerebbe aiutare gli altri studenti che studiano l'italiano quest' anno. Mi mandi un messaggio e possiamo chiacchierare x)

dc302

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +53
  • School: Melbourne High School
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 10:07:00 pm »
Can someone link me to the site? I'm curious.

edit: nvm I found it :)
2012-2015 - Doctor of Medicine (MD) @ UniMelb
2010-2011 - Bachelor of Science (BSc) majoring in Pure Mathematics @ UniMelb
2009 - VCE [99.70] -- Eng [43] - Methods [44] - Chem [44] - JapSL [45] - Spesh [45] - MUEP Jap [5.5]