Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 05:31:01 pm

Author Topic: italian practice... club thing?  (Read 5505 times)  Share 

Fishyiscool

• Custom1
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +21
  • School: I shouldnt say.
  • School Grad Year: 2012
italian practice... club thing?
« on: December 14, 2011, 08:52:14 pm »
+1
Hey guys,
Just wondering if anyone wanted to be part of an italian speaking club thingy so we can practice our oral skills every so often.
i'm not italian and I don't really get that much opportunity to practice and I was wondering if there were other kids in the same boat! And.. I'm a little embarrassed to speak with my friends in my italian class hehe (would be easier with randoms). We could also help each other with italian related homework :P
inbox me if you're interested :D
(espesh year 12s of 2012 going into 3/4 italian+ year 11s most welcome to come along. And year 10s, if you're that dedicated. and uni students to help, if you're that generous with your time. Who am i kidding, it will probably just be me LOL! Please come people :D)
Happy enough after one hell of a year.

<3 Life goal: ---->  Prosthetics and Orthotics
2013 - bachelor of health sciences/master of clinical prosthetics and orthotics at La trobe :))

Mi piacerebbe aiutare gli altri studenti che studiano l'italiano quest' anno. Mi mandi un messaggio e possiamo chiacchierare x)

Stick

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Sticky. :P
  • Respect: +467
Re: italian practice... club thing?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 12:27:17 pm »
+1
Hi there! I've been checking this page for a little while and I see there's not a lot of students studying Italian on this forum. I'm doing Units 1&2 next year but I'm rank 1 in my cohort and I come from an Italian background. I guess I could try my best to help you out with some of the stuff and it probably gives me a good chance to extend myself too (while I'm not fluent, I'm finding the work at school far too easy at the moment :P).
2017-2020: Doctor of Medicine - The University of Melbourne
2014-2016: Bachelor of Biomedicine - The University of Melbourne

Maquelly

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: WPSC
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 02:51:25 pm »
I am doing units 3/4 Italian next year. I also don't come from an Italian background and don't get much of a chance to practice my skills when I am at home. I can understand why you are embarrasssed because I am too with everyone else in my class because there are only two year 12's and the other six students are in year 11 and are much better than the both of us.
2011: Business Management [43]
2012: Biology [32] - English [35] - Italian [26] - Chemistry [20] - Further Maths [37]
ATAR: 84.55
2103: Arts (Global) Monash Clayton

Starlight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +275
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 08:29:05 pm »
Well, having done italian this year, italian clubs are great for people to do well in. Although I never participated in one, my friends did and one of them got 47 raw. She attended the coasit club located in Carlton.  I would reccomend that you enrol!
2012-2014. BSc: Neuroscience. University of Melbourne.
2015-2018. Doctor of Optometry. University of Melbourne.

Unlikely to respond to any PMs these days.

Maquelly

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • School: WPSC
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 12:06:20 am »
I would go to the one at CO.AS.IT but the only problem is that I live in regional Victoria and it is over two hours away from where I live :(
2011: Business Management [43]
2012: Biology [32] - English [35] - Italian [26] - Chemistry [20] - Further Maths [37]
ATAR: 84.55
2103: Arts (Global) Monash Clayton

Fishyiscool

• Custom1
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011, 09:40:16 pm »
yeeeeah i hear coasit is good... its just i dnt have the time! i already get italian private tutor which is good, but i do tsfx on saturdays and im not gonna settle for a crappy tsfx class to get ahead in italian (spesh and methods are larger priority coz i know italian's not going to be very strong at all for me). and this year only 1 girl in yr 12 italian got above 40 and she was amaaazing! she went to italy and the ppl there thought she grew up there. but she got like 42. so yeah im hoping for jst above 30. maybe it was a waste to pick it. but i like learning a language. :)

it doesn't matter if you're doing unit 1 and 2! if you are interested, pm me stick :) i doubt i alone would be able to teach u very much at all though LOL.  And for future ref, any year 11s are most welcome!
and stick, you're most welcome, just pm me what days are suitable. perferably weekends i think. or after school if you're that dedicated but i think we'll have heeeeaps from other subjects. italian is one of those ones where the workload is so limitless you can get away with doing nothing (which is what i did unit 2... and i got a B :( )

I was thinking sundays at 12 at state library?  or pm me a time of preference. :)
I'm glad someone responded to this ahhaha (i thought it was a fail)

2013 - bachelor of health sciences/master of clinical prosthetics and orthotics at La trobe :))

Mi piacerebbe aiutare gli altri studenti che studiano l'italiano quest' anno. Mi mandi un messaggio e possiamo chiacchierare x)

Starlight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 11:46:45 am »
+1
I'm afraid you can't get away with doing nothing for italian in 2012, unless you have incredible natural ability, which is probably like 1% of victoria doing yr 12.

You need to have your grammar perfect, things like the subjunctive, correct use of irregular/ future/ other past participles etc. will be the things that get you A+s, especially in the orals, also revise on gender, for example you may forget e goes to i for plurals and singular e words like paese are sometimes masculine. I'd advise you to revise on grammar more than vocab for the holidays, i'd do:

* 60% grammar

* 20% listening

* 20% reading

You're first sac will probably be writing like I had, and as opposed to practicing writing on the holidays, you will know all the grammar (well, a lot of it) and can just start practicing writing once you start, like handing in pieces to your teacher for her to grade.

Fishyiscool

• Custom1
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 08:52:18 pm »
thanks El2012! you are definitely right about not being able to get away with nothing - i don't intend to do that anyway, it's year 12!!! hahhaa :) besides I'm not even italian so nooooo way would I ever think of risking that. Guess I worded what I said wrong. :\
your advice is awesome, i'll definitely keep it in mind :)

Starlight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 08:55:15 pm »
+1
Good Luck!! I'll keep posting things if i can think of anything ahah.

GouldHay

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012, 05:38:06 pm »
+1
I'm doing year 12 Italian next year as well!
I love the subject, but I'm in the same boat, it's hard to practice it!!
I would love to have an Italian practice club, it's a great idea :)

Fishyiscool

• Custom1
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 06:39:45 pm »
hey guys,
please pm me asap if you're interested!
group kicks off this sunday at state. :D

daniela.darienzo

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: +7
  • School: Mercy College
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 06:29:34 pm »
+1
Hey guys,
Just wondering if anyone wanted to be part of an italian speaking club thingy so we can practice our oral skills every so often.
i'm not italian and I don't really get that much opportunity to practice and I was wondering if there were other kids in the same boat! And.. I'm a little embarrassed to speak with my friends in my italian class hehe (would be easier with randoms). We could also help each other with italian related homework :P
inbox me if you're interested :D
(espesh year 12s of 2012 going into 3/4 italian+ year 11s most welcome to come along. And year 10s, if you're that dedicated. and uni students to help, if you're that generous with your time. Who am i kidding, it will probably just be me LOL! Please come people :D)

I am interested! ;)
I would love to chat!
Hahaa!
What do you think about having like a lunch time or a free every week where we just speak italian the whole time and practice my lovely?!
oxoxoxox
(: