Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 09:00:22 am

Author Topic: Thoughts on English Language or English or Both?  (Read 1568 times)  Share 

jmosh002

Thoughts on English Language or English or Both?
« on: January 11, 2012, 10:38:18 pm »
Hi all,
Right now i am going into year 11, and am aiming for a future in Medicine (preferable Monash). I have currently just completed year 10 english, although i did not get the greatest marks, which i am a bit worried about in terms of dragging my atar score down(my goal is 99.00). I am a more of a maths and science type person and have recently been looking around the web about the vie subject, English Language. I have a feeling this may be more suited to me, as i enjoy the grammar and technical parts of english, but not so much reading books, analysing them and writing essays. Unfortunately my school does not offer English language, but another option where i could do this would be in the city at centre of adult education (cae). They run numerous vce classes, although they are mostly made up of adults. I could do both english and english language and have one of these subjects as a backup, just incase i bomb out in one of them. I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions on this. Please don't be shy, i am open to all criticism and new ideas.
Thanks

chocolatedaddy

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
Re: Thoughts on English Language or English or Both?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 12:30:39 am »
Just do normal English. Don't give up on it as it has the least of the workloads( I'm told). Every English has essays though so you won't escape them. Just put a reasonable amount of effort into English as well as your other subjects and you should be fine. You can't beat having the support of friends at school whilst doing a subject, it makes a huge difference.