Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 10:35:44 am

Author Topic: Picking up National Politics 3/4 but not doing it at school?  (Read 4018 times)  Share 

jamescullen

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Cheltenham Secondary College
Picking up National Politics 3/4 but not doing it at school?
« on: September 11, 2012, 09:08:07 pm »
The subjects offered at my school are incredibly limited, with me being a Maths guy but hate Science (weird combination).
I'm planning to do Methods, Further, English, Accounting and National Politics next year but unfortunately my school doesn't offer it but I can take it up long distance. I looked at the study design and it looked interesting and had components of 3/4 Legal in it (which I did as my year 12 subject).

Is it possible to pick it up long distance and essentially get a 40+? This would mean I'd get the respective frees along with it, to study, but managing the course myself is the challenging part.

mseleanor

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Mercy College
  • School Grad Year: 2013
Re: Picking up National Politics 3/4 but not doing it at school?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 01:59:31 pm »
I'm sure you're capable of that.

I too found the subjects my school offered were far too limited for my interests, so I'm doing National Politics this year at the CAE. While it's still a class-room based subject it's an adult environment so I do a lot of the teaching myself, and have found the information very simple to pick up. Like you will, I had extra frees at my school because of it and with the self-teaching component of doing the subject, I found time was always on my side.

So I encourage you to do it, it's a fun subject to study.
2013: VCE
2014: Arts/Law @ Monash University