Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:50:44 pm

Author Topic: So the exam is this week  (Read 4985 times)  Share 

chasej

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +56
So the exam is this week
« on: November 11, 2012, 06:12:45 pm »
Not sure how many people here are doing this subject this year but thought I'll start up a thread for questions/revision/exam discussion etc.

:)
Graduated with Bachelor of Laws (Honours) / Bachelor of Arts from Monash University in June 2020.

Completing Practical Legal Training (Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice)

Offering 2021 Tutoring in VCE Legal Studies (Awarded as Bialik College's top Legal Studies Student in 2014).

Offered via Zoom or in person across Melbourne.  Message me to discuss. Very limited places available.

angryusb

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2012
Re: So the exam is this week
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 11:26:13 pm »
haha wow! didn't think people were actually going to use this thread.. Like our teacher has literally taught us so little, but ive been acing SACs so its weird!

Anyway, any tips for the exam??

chasej

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 09:07:12 pm »
haha wow! didn't think people were actually going to use this thread.. Like our teacher has literally taught us so little, but ive been acing SACs so its weird!

Anyway, any tips for the exam??

I'm exactly the same. The teacher would just give the most basic explanation of Cisco material, make us read it, have a test the next week and rinse and repeat. Was quite disappointed that my class only did 2 or 3 real pracs but it was still fun.

I was looking through the sample exam the VCAA released in January of this year (I've attached it, it has some interesting information about the makeup of the exam, what content it will cover and types of questions etc. and if you scroll down to the 3rd or 4th page there is the sample exam). What is apparent to me is that it's important to make sure you really pay attention to every word in the questions especially the short answer, as one word can change the whole direction you answer the question from. I have found from doing the practice exams that you should have plenty of time left over when you finish so it's not worth rushing and better just to take it question by question.

I'm going to make sure I get to bed early tonight, my first 3/4 exam so I'm a bit nervous  :(

Good luck. To be honest if you know the content well and have a good general knowledge of computers it shouldn't be too difficult. Also check out this awesome sticky by Camo: VET Information Technology - A Course Overview. It really helped me to have a better understanding of the course.  :)

Graduated with Bachelor of Laws (Honours) / Bachelor of Arts from Monash University in June 2020.

Offering 2021 Tutoring in VCE Legal Studies (Awarded as Bialik College's top Legal Studies Student in 2014).

Offered via Zoom or in person across Melbourne.  Message me to discuss. Very limited places available.

chasej

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 05:50:27 pm »
How'd everyone go? I reckon I did very well. I can only see 2 or 3 marks that I lost so hopefully I got above 95-96%.