Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 11:14:09 pm

Author Topic: Proof read oral  (Read 2203 times)  Share 

A+study

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Proof read oral
« on: January 06, 2013, 01:54:52 pm »
+1
Would someone be kind encough to proof read my oral? I don't feel comfortable posting it in this board due to potential plagiarism issues but I would like to have it marked! Past students would be very helpful. Thanks!

nisha

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Hum Honge Kamyab.
  • Respect: +117
  • School Grad Year: 2012
Re: Proof read oral
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 05:52:48 pm »
+1
Happy to help.
Melbourne University-Science-Second year

Am taking in students for CHEMISTRY and MATHS METHODS tuition for 2014 as well as first year chemistry. If interested, pm me. Flexible with location.

"Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught [/i]

Stick

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Sticky. :P
  • Respect: +467
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 05:55:49 pm »
If someone would like to do the same for me I'd also really appreciate it. Thank you. :)
2017-2020: Doctor of Medicine - The University of Melbourne
2014-2016: Bachelor of Biomedicine - The University of Melbourne

nisha

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Hum Honge Kamyab.
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 05:58:16 pm »
+2
I know of a few of us 2012's that would be happy to help(and did well in English). We would prefer, though if you could post your work up so that the corrections made can be seen by all, so that others can see our line of thinking and can improve as well. However, if you particularly reluctant about this pm's should suffice. So far, I know me and brenden are doing this.

Am taking in students for CHEMISTRY and MATHS METHODS tuition for 2014 as well as first year chemistry. If interested, pm me. Flexible with location.

"Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught [/i]

Stick

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 06:01:07 pm »
+1
I agree, nisha. I'm the one who raised the alarm about plagiarism here after a student in my own year level was reprimanded for posting his essay on this very site. Another kid copied one of his paragraphs and tried to pass it up as his own. I'd personally be much more willing to post up my essays (I've done so several times in the past) but since all the teachers are now onto it, and that it specifically involved this site, I'm now very afraid to do so. It's terrible, really. :/
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 06:03:25 pm by Stick »

nisha

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Hum Honge Kamyab.
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 06:04:05 pm »
I agree, nisha. I'm the one who raised the alarm about plagiarism here after a student in my own year level was reprimanded after posting his essay on this very site. Another kid copied one of his paragraphs and tried to pass it up as his own. I'd personally be much more willing to post up my essays (I've done so several times in the past) but since all the teachers are now onto it, and that it specifically involved this site, I'm now very afraid to do so. It's terrible, really. :/
Obviously if you fear plagiarism, then pm. I have also had my work plagiarised on this site, so that is the main reason I have stopped posting my pieces. I understand it.

Stick

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 06:06:45 pm »
Really, that's horrible! It's just such a shame though that these scumbags are ruining our opportunity to get a bit of help.

I'll PM my oral presentation to you. Thanks for offering to have a look at it. :)

brenden

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2593
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 06:12:41 pm »
+1
I'm happy to provide feedback through pm however I am also cautious not to be manipulated into taking valuable feedback away from others using the Submission thread.
One person on the forums has contacted me via PM and I've agreed to mark her homework essays on the proviso that she writes extra essays throughout the year and posts them in the Submission forums for me to mark - this negates the plagarism as the essays won't be handed into the teacher and thus she cannot be reprimanded for copying.
I'm also a bit strange on students being reprimanded for posting an essay when you can log onto the forums in front of your teacher and prove it was your own work in an instant.
But yes - I'm happy to help :)
✌️just do what makes you happy ✌️

Stick

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 06:14:26 pm »
Yeah, I intend on posting up my practice essays here no problem. I'll just be careful with my SAC pieces (like this one). :)

alondouek

• Subject Review God
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Oh to be a Gooner!
  • Respect: +316
  • School: Leibler Yavneh College
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 06:22:50 pm »
+2
I'd be very happy to proof-read any orals. Send me whatever you want and I'll send it back to you with any suggestions, a letter/numerical grade and tips for delivery if you're not a confident public speaker :)
2013-2016
Majoring in Genetics and Developmental Biology

2012 ATAR: 96.55
English [48] Biology [40]

Need a driving instructor? Mobility Driving School

Smiley_

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +147
  • School Grad Year: 2013
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 07:04:31 pm »
I'd be very happy to proof-read any orals. Send me whatever you want and I'll send it back to you with any suggestions, a letter/numerical grade and tips for delivery if you're not a confident public speaker :)

Thanks very much for your offer

Stick

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2013, 05:45:00 pm »
Anyone interested in reading my oral? Nisha was very kind to offer me some help and since then I've made some changes to my presentation. Unfortunately she informed me that her internet has been playing up and hence probably won't be able to help me out any more for a little while.

alondouek

• Subject Review God
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Oh to be a Gooner!
  • Respect: +316
  • School: Leibler Yavneh College
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2013, 05:46:04 pm »
I'd love to. PM it to me, and I'll get it back to you as soon as possible :)
2013-2016
Majoring in Genetics and Developmental Biology

2012 ATAR: 96.55
English [48] Biology [40]

Need a driving instructor? Mobility Driving School

Stick

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2013, 05:52:01 pm »
Done! Thanks! :)

I'm aiming to have it completely proofread and fixed by Friday so I can really start practice delivering it.