Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:16:16 pm

Author Topic: Bring it on :D  (Read 5360 times)  Share 

wri0013

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Broadford Secondary College
Bring it on :D
« on: January 07, 2013, 11:29:36 am »
I aced Units 1+2 with an average SAC mark of 98% and I am planning to ace this by getting 100% on every SAC throughout Units 3+4. I am hoping that this subject will be my ATAR booster as I am as good as screwed for English and Methods :(
Anyway good luck to anyone who is doing this but I am hoping to get the 50 for this one :D

Haha, that makes me sound so cocky. Maybe I'm being a bit overconfident... :/

Bad Student

Re: Bring it on :D
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 11:42:01 am »
Make sure you don't become complacent from your good results from last year. While I can't talk about IT from personal experience, I do know that in some other subjects, there is a pretty drastic change from units 1+2 to 3+4.

Robert123

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +5
  • School: Kyabram P-12 College
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 07:56:47 pm »
Good luck in getting the 50 :)
Make sure you don't rely on too much on getting that score though, even if you mess up a couple of questions and fall short of the 50, it will get scale down a lot. In saying that though, it is a very uncompetitive subject with many people doing VCAL as well (however they wont be counted in the ranking). For my school, the subject was taken as a complete joke. I completed both years work within one year (unit 3&4 only took 1 term), had no SACs or any other assessment, and spent only an hour on homework (beside exam recision) as well as spending many hours surfing the web and playing games.

wri0013

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Broadford Secondary College
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2013, 03:04:56 pm »
Okay here's my rundown so far as I didn't write that first post as I should have:
I finished Units 1+2 last year and partially completed 3+4 (about 20% of Course work and SACs.)
Yes I will aim for a 50, but I will also aim for a 50 in all other subjects as I want to do the best that I possibly can, although 50 is a bit out of reach for everything else.
So yeah good luck to everyone else who's doing this and if there's anyone here who's doing it from Kangan in Broadmeadows get in contact with me, especially if it's over the internet like Units 1+2 were.

Cheers.

chasej

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +56
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 12:54:04 am »
Good luck. I was aiming for 50 last year however unfortunately due to making a mistake in one of the prac's I lost some marks and that scaled me down a lot.

The difference in this subject between 50 and getting somewhere between 40-45 and being scaled down because of it to the mid 30's is actually very low so you really gotta be consistent. There was only one person listed in the newspaper last year for getting a 50 in this subject and I believe they did it via Distant ed.

If you ever have any questions please feel free to ask me :)

If you want to know my results: SAC's: B Exam: A+. Got a raw 40 which was scaled down to 33. Was a little underwhelmed as I had been very consistent the whole year and was the 2nd highest in a class of 26.
Graduated with Bachelor of Laws (Honours) / Bachelor of Arts from Monash University in June 2020.

Completing Practical Legal Training (Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice)

Offering 2021 Tutoring in VCE Legal Studies (Awarded as Bialik College's top Legal Studies Student in 2014).

Offered via Zoom or in person across Melbourne.  Message me to discuss. Very limited places available.

MJRomeo81

• Part of the furniture
  • Princeps
  • Respect: +167
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2013, 12:41:41 pm »
I've never taken VET IT (I completed ITA & SD) but it's all about the exam guys.

100% in SACs will only guarantee you #1 ranking in your cohort. You need to dominate the exam to top the state.
Currently working in the IT Industry as an Oracle DBA (State Government)

Murphy was an optimist

Bachelor of Information Technology @ La Trobe (Melbourne) - Completed 2014
WAM: 91.96
The key, the whole key, and nothing but the key, so help me Codd.

Subjects I tutored during my time at LTU:
CSE2DBF (Database Fundamentals)
CSE1IS (Information Systems)
CSE2DES (System Design Engineering)

“If I had an hour to solve a problem I'd spend 55 minutes defining the problem and 5 minutes thinking about solutions.”
― Albert Einstein