Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 04:00:31 am

Author Topic: Uni enhancement program with only four 3/4 subjects  (Read 6328 times)  Share 

Alwin

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +241
Re: Uni enhancement program with only four 3/4 subjects
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2013, 07:21:21 pm »
I'm in Year 11 this year and I'm doing two 3/4 subjects, Bio and Methods. I probably sound like a bit of klutz but is it all clear for me to do a uni enhancement program (whether that be in monash or melbourne) in Year 12 when I'm only doing four 3/4 subjects (because I've already done two in year 11)?

It would greatly appreciated, heaps thanks and muchos love if someone can answer!

haha TRUST me it's okay. I did methods and physics last year, this year only doing 3 subjects in school: English, Spesh and Chem, and Indonesian SL on Saturdays. I have more free periods than classes a week :D
AND unimaths is pretty chill. I enrolled in unimaths at both melb and monash, officially dropped the monash one but still going and doing the assignments there. Also I have no homework (school or uni) the majority of nights.

My point? DO IT! :D You'll have a lottt of time in year 12 and there is SO little homework from unimaths, maybe an hour max a week.
But its up to you, wish you all the best with your studies!
2012:  Methods [48] Physics [49]
2013:  English [40] (oops) Chemistry [46] Spesh [42] Indo SL [34] Uni Maths: Melb UMEP [4.5] Monash MUEP [just for a bit of fun]
2014:  BAeroEng/BComm

A pessimist says a glass is half empty, an optimist says a glass is half full.
An engineer says the glass has a safety factor of 2.0

Random_Acts_of_Kindness

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +16
  • School: Public School.
  • School Grad Year: 2014
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2013, 10:26:09 pm »
I enrolled in unimaths at both melb and monash, officially dropped the monash one but still going and doing the assignments there.

Wow! Are you able to enroll in both and do both?
And do many people do that?
Ardent bibliophile. Full-time dreamer. Disiecti membra poetae.

Alwin

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +241
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2013, 10:49:02 pm »
Wow! Are you able to enroll in both and do both?
And do many people do that?

haha nah mate. Only 3 maths count overall, so there's no point doing both since I got methods and spesh already. You can enrol in both, it's just the monash uni one cost $450 per semester while the melb one is free. That said, I am doing both just coz I have so much time on my hands. But the monash uni one won't contribute towards my atar.

Erm... I don't know anyone who has done this before. It's pretty rare as you can imagine. I only know of a friend doing uni chem who attended the uni physics lectures too just for interest. This was because she goes to jmss, so its just a short walk away from her school. She never applied for uni physics tho, just goes along with friends doing uni physics.
So not many do two uni extensions haha
2012:  Methods [48] Physics [49]
2013:  English [40] (oops) Chemistry [46] Spesh [42] Indo SL [34] Uni Maths: Melb UMEP [4.5] Monash MUEP [just for a bit of fun]
2014:  BAeroEng/BComm

A pessimist says a glass is half empty, an optimist says a glass is half full.
An engineer says the glass has a safety factor of 2.0

Random_Acts_of_Kindness

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +16
  • School: Public School.
  • School Grad Year: 2014
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2013, 10:58:20 pm »
haha nah mate. Only 3 maths count overall, so there's no point doing both since I got methods and spesh already. You can enrol in both, it's just the monash uni one cost $450 per semester while the melb one is free. That said, I am doing both just coz I have so much time on my hands. But the monash uni one won't contribute towards my atar.

Erm... I don't know anyone who has done this before. It's pretty rare as you can imagine. I only know of a friend doing uni chem who attended the uni physics lectures too just for interest. This was because she goes to jmss, so its just a short walk away from her school. She never applied for uni physics tho, just goes along with friends doing uni physics.
So not many do two uni extensions haha

Thanks for the information  ;D
Ardent bibliophile. Full-time dreamer. Disiecti membra poetae.