Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:18:05 pm

Author Topic: VCE Business Management Question Thread!  (Read 228152 times)  Share 

lala1911

Re: VCE Business Management Question Thread!
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2013, 02:43:17 pm »
Yesss how do you have this info??? :P
Our teacher gives us the SAC before the SAC, nearly literally. What was Q1 like? was it an analyse question? just definitions?

academicbulimia

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +4
  • School: some really crap country school
  • School Grad Year: 2013
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2013, 02:44:59 pm »
Our teacher gives us the SAC before the SAC, nearly literally. What was Q1 like? was it an analyse question? just definitions?
That is sooo unfair haha I had no idea what our was on :P
Lets just say its to do with protected + unprotected action  ::)
2012: Psychology~Biology
2013:Chem~Methods~BusinessManagment~English
[UMAT 96%tile]

ukface

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Boganville
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2013, 03:14:47 pm »
My business teacher got fired yesterday, so my new teacher is an unqualified incompetent whacker with my ''headmaster'' sitting in each lesson, so it's going to be fantastic. Their way of apologising is forcing us to go to university in the holidays before the exam to attend lectures. WATAJOKEM8.

Same with economics, but different subject to this thread :P

honey-corowa

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • School: Some Public School
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2013, 09:20:34 am »
Just something little- I downloaded some notes for business on here which are AWESOME, however I don't know what the acronyms GDP and BoP stand for? Could anyone help?
2012: Psych (37)
2013: English Literature Legal Business MUEP: Criminal Justice

Personal Message me, I love everyone.

Damoz.G

« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2013, 09:28:02 am »
Just something little- I downloaded some notes for business on here which are AWESOME, however I don't know what the acronyms GDP and BoP stand for? Could anyone help?

GDP = Gross Domestic Product

BOP = Balance of Payments?

I'm confident about GDP being Gross Domestic Product, but I think BOP is Balance of Payments.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 01:22:04 pm by Damoz »

EspoirTron

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +82
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2013, 11:29:59 am »

GDP, as Damoz has mentioned, refers to Gross Domestic Product (GDP). GDP refers to the monetary value of all good and services produced in Australia within a given year (we'll keep it to Australia since we're doing the VCE).
Perhaps, BoP refers to Business Operations Processes, I am not adamant, however, that is all I could think of for that one.
2012-2013: VCE
2014-2016: Bachelor of Biomedicine at Monash University

unfamila

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Lad
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2013, 11:54:32 am »
Yes, it refers to the balance of payments, with the key knowledge being how LSO's contribute to the economy.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 11:34:02 pm by unfamila »

lala1911

« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2013, 05:33:35 pm »
Dislike how teachers scare the living shit out of our class.
"You must know how to define every term"
"You must know everything in every bit of detail"

crap like that.

honey-corowa

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • School: Some Public School
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2013, 09:12:43 pm »
Thank you all!

Lala it sames that way for EVERY subject, it just isn't faiiirrrrr!
2012: Psych (37)
2013: English Literature Legal Business MUEP: Criminal Justice

Personal Message me, I love everyone.

tcstudent

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2013, 08:14:26 pm »
yallla cuzzes, i went over a couple of questions on a website and saw this

Explain why the ‘percentage of market share’ is important for a large-scale organisation.??

Am i right when i say, percentage of market share indicates to an organisation how much of its market it owns within its industry or btw its worth 2 marks

Damoz.G

« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2013, 08:20:18 pm »
+3
yallla cuzzes, i went over a couple of questions on a website and saw this

Explain why the ‘percentage of market share’ is important for a large-scale organisation.??

Am i right when i say, percentage of market share indicates to an organisation how much of its market it owns within its industry or btw its worth 2 marks

Your explanation is a start, but it doesn't fully answer the question that its asking you.

Why is it important? If Market Share increases, then the organisation has a greater percentage and control over the market, which increases Sales.

tcstudent

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2013, 03:03:02 pm »
Question 1. Discuss how managers could use the Kotter theory of change management to respond to a significant change issue.
In your answer, outline the theory and discuss how managers could use it to respond to a significant change issue and then illustrate your answer with an example from a large-scale organisation that you have studied this year.

Question 2.27.   Change management theories provide a template for successful change in large-scale organisations. Explain how Kotter’s change management theory could be used to
• promote driving forces for change
• reduce restraining forces for change
• promote the use of low-risk practices.
In your response, include an example from a large-scale organisation or significant change issue that you have studied this year

very unsure about both these questions. If someone could thoroughly explain these questions i will have finished every vcaa exam on their page haha.

Damoz.G

« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2013, 05:02:51 pm »
Question 1. Discuss how managers could use the Kotter theory of change management to respond to a significant change issue.
In your answer, outline the theory and discuss how managers could use it to respond to a significant change issue and then illustrate your answer with an example from a large-scale organisation that you have studied this year.

Question 2.27.   Change management theories provide a template for successful change in large-scale organisations. Explain how Kotter’s change management theory could be used to
• promote driving forces for change
• reduce restraining forces for change
• promote the use of low-risk practices.
In your response, include an example from a large-scale organisation or significant change issue that you have studied this year

very unsure about both these questions. If someone could thoroughly explain these questions i will have finished every vcaa exam on their page haha.

Would you like me to give you a sample answer of how I would have responded to those 2 Questions, or just breakdown the question for you?

Well done on doing all the VCAA Exams for BM. Did you leave the 2012 one out though?

tcstudent

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2013, 05:30:47 pm »
Not sure which year ive completed, i put them into each topic lols, but these two are the last ones and then im gonna hit up timed practice exams. if i could get a response to both of these questions that would be great cheers

Damoz.G

« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2013, 06:08:11 pm »
Not sure which year ive completed, i put them into each topic lols, but these two are the last ones and then im gonna hit up timed practice exams. if i could get a response to both of these questions that would be great cheers

Good job! Getting prepared early is awesome - Less pressure in 2 weeks time! :)

I've got visitors coming over very soon, so is it okay if I do the responses for the two questions tomorrow morning? I would do it now, but it would be rushed and not very good, so I'd rather not do it. If its not by tomorrow morning, it will be tomorrow night at the latest. :) Hopefully that isn't a problem.

Also, could you please tell me the mark allocations for both questions? I'm thinking they are both worth about 8-10 Marks, but I just want to know so that I include enough Information. :)