Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:38:01 am

Author Topic: 2013 Policy Mix  (Read 1617 times)  Share 

chasej

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +56
2013 Policy Mix
« on: September 02, 2013, 09:13:49 pm »
+1
As we head towards the exam (and the last SAC which includes policy mix) I thought it may be appropriate to start up a thread for discussion/collection of government policies as a lot of the newer ones aren't in the textbooks or previously discussed in this forum.

Anyway here's a list of some policies which I think would be key for the exam, please share more as I really need to learn more in this area.

Gonski/Education reforms-->Increasing education funding. Possibly increasing quality of skills/labour in future.

Disabilitycare-->Increasing material and non material living standards of those effected by disability. Possibly having an effect on equity as those effected by disability who are often in the lowest income earners are receiving assistance.

Planned move from carbon tax to emissions trading scheme-->pricing carbon in order to force businesses to internalise the negative externalities assosciated with this pollution and making cleaner energy relatively cheaper encouraging demand and thereby increased resource allocation into these areas.

Continued infrastructure spending-->increase Australia's capacity. Ensure Australia has continued ability to grow sustainably in the future without inflationery pressures occuring due to capacity constraints. Allowing greater productivity with better infrastrucure (goods are transported quicker, communication is cheaper, faster and more readyily available).

National broadband network continued rollout-->Increase Australia's communication ability through greater internet services. Create better links between metro and rural areas allowing greater and quicker communication particurly in business which would increase productivity. Also in the short term government spending on the rollout would boost growth. Make Australia more competitive as businesses have access to these better communications technology.

Overall budgetery policy stance-->Less expansionery as the government attempts to bring the budget back into surplus. However the budget has structural issues preventing it from achieving surplus.

Monetary policy stance-->Highly expansionery with rates dropping to some of the lower cash rates ever in Australia.

Anyone have any more or anything to build on from my list? :)
Graduated with Bachelor of Laws (Honours) / Bachelor of Arts from Monash University in June 2020.

Completing Practical Legal Training (Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice)

Offering 2021 Tutoring in VCE Legal Studies (Awarded as Bialik College's top Legal Studies Student in 2014).

Offered via Zoom or in person across Melbourne.  Message me to discuss. Very limited places available.

shooterblitz

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2013
Re: 2013 Policy Mix
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 10:31:20 am »