Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 04:04:26 pm

Author Topic: 10 marker  (Read 1661 times)  Share 

lala1911

10 marker
« on: October 04, 2013, 04:55:39 am »
This years Question 4 could come from both Units 3&4. What unit do you predict it'll come from and what do you think will be examined? I believe that it could be a question on operations system, perhaps identifying the inputs, describing the transformation and the output.

Maybe it may still be on change management per usual.. could it just be a strategy to motivate students to learn both Units 3&4 thoroughly, since the mean mark for BM is only ~40%?

Damoz.G

Re: 10 marker
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 07:28:19 am »
I have a feeling that it will come from Unit 3 - Policy Development. I think we'll have a case study (obviously) and be expected to explain the process and principles of Policy Development. So we have to know the 7 stages and be able to talk about them and relate them to a case study.

My teacher also seems to agree with me as well. :)

academicbulimia

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +4
  • School: some really crap country school
  • School Grad Year: 2013
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 09:27:18 am »
I have a feeling that it will come from Unit 3 - Policy Development. I think we'll have a case study (obviously) and be expected to explain the process and principles of Policy Development. So we have to know the 7 stages and be able to talk about them and relate them to a case study.

My teacher also seems to agree with me as well. :)
It could also be the problem solving process...? Since that's made up of a fair few steps?  :)
2012: Psychology~Biology
2013:Chem~Methods~BusinessManagment~English
[UMAT 96%tile]

Damoz.G

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 09:49:54 am »
It could also be the problem solving process...? Since that's made up of a fair few steps?  :)

Yup. There could be an issue about OH&S or something, and then we are expected to successfully introduce a Policy following the process.

There's a wide range of possibilities that the 10-Mark question could be on. It may even be Ethics and Social Responsibility. If anyone has done a 2013 Trial Exam at school, there was a 10-Mark Question from a NEAP Paper on Social Responsibility, and asked us to relate it to the Operations Management and Human Resource Management function, as well as being able to refer to an "Organisation you have studied this year" to use as part of our explanation.

Nato

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 08:56:37 pm »
Hey guys... i have noticed that many 10 marks questions (related to change management) go on like ............... 'apply' something to an issue you have studied this year.
does it really matter which issue you choose?
in one of this years trial exams i am wanting to use the privatisation of telstra, this happened ages ago, and i have not 'studied' it this year.
Class of 2014.

tcstudent

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 09:58:15 pm »
VCAA will not know which cases you have studied this year, i doubt they will waste resources ringing up every school asking which case they studies, furthermore there are millions of cases, but they may be like wtf is you state the change occured in the 90's lmfao. No it does not matter which issue you use, however the more important part is how to apply for example GLOBALISATION to your case  you have studied, this is where the 10 marks will come from, however like many have said, this trend may not go on forever, so it may be something different this year. who knows, wish i could hack vcaa and get them exams early, unless they are typed on the day

Damoz.G

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 10:37:21 pm »
unless they are typed on the day

No lol. The exam is prepared months early, and gets checked quite a significant number of times to make sure that there is absolutely no error in it at all!

They can't do it on the day because they still have to actually type it up, proof read it a number of times AND print it for all BM students (and then deliver it to each School). LOL! Clearly that's impossible.