Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 11:44:59 pm

Author Topic: Do you have get 100% on the Legal Exam in order to get a study score of 50?  (Read 4848 times)  Share 

90+FTW

Thank you

werdna

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +287
Might be able to lose a mark or two to get a 50. But the subject is quite competitive, so 100% would be great (assuming strong SACs and rank).

joy1010

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2013
thats what i've been wondering for the past few days.

if i got A's for both unit 3&4 and ace the exam, do i have a chance at a 45 or above?
:) :) :)

werdna

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
+1
thats what i've been wondering for the past few days.

if i got A's for both unit 3&4 and ace the exam, do i have a chance at a 45 or above?

Yes - but you'd have to work harder than someone who has A+ SACs to get that 45. Say if you get 65/70, this might get you a 45 but it might get someone else a 48.

Nevertheless, ace the exam if you can, because your exam score is yours to keep! Not subject to scaling.

joy1010

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2013
Yes - but you'd have to work harder than someone who has A+ SACs to get that 45. Say if you get 65/70, this might get you a 45 but it might get someone else a 48.

Nevertheless, ace the exam if you can, because your exam score is yours to keep! Not subject to scaling.

okay thanks. so is it the same with all subjects - SACs get scaled according to the exam mark, but your exam mark remains yours to keep?
:) :) :)

psyxwar

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +81
Yeah basically, because everyone does the same exam (so its fair) but not the same SACs.
VCE 2013-2014
MD/BMedSci 2015-2020

90+FTW

(assuming strong SACs and rank)
Well, I've gotten 100% on all my legal SACs, so how much lower can I drop?

Damoz.G

Well, I've gotten 100% on all my legal SACs, so how much lower can I drop?

Anyone else on 100% for SACs?

90+FTW

Anyone else on 100% for SACs?

So does that mean that mean that I can afford to drop a few more marks?

werdna

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
Your mentality in the exam should be that you can perfectly answer everything, BUT minimise the amount of marks you can potentially lose. You want to hold onto every single mark possible, 1 mark lost can mean 1 mark lost on your study score.

90+FTW

Re: Do you have get 100% on the Legal Exam in order to get a study score of 50?
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2013, 03:48:32 pm »
it's crazy competitive

is it really that difficult to get a 40 or above for a study score in Legal?

TheWackyCheese

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2013, 04:00:23 pm »
is it really that difficult to get a 40 or above for a study score in Legal?
Don't get focused on study scores. Just focus as hard as you can on doing your best in the exam. If you doubt your own performance and think you won't do well, you'll never succeed.

eeps

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +343
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2013, 05:08:34 pm »
Don't get focused on study scores. Just focus as hard as you can on doing your best in the exam. If you doubt your own performance and think you won't do well, you'll never succeed.

This. I don't think it's beneficial to think in terms of "If I lose X amount of marks, this will get me X study score" etc. etc.. It really only places more stress and pressure on you and can ultimately hamper your performance. Just try your best and whatever happens, happens.