Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 05:42:00 am

Author Topic: 10 Mark Question  (Read 962 times)  Share 

Jason12

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +15
  • School: WCC
  • School Grad Year: 2014
10 Mark Question
« on: November 13, 2013, 11:13:11 pm »
In australia large-scale organisations account for approximately 3% of all business enterprises and provide employment for 33% of the workforce. they are dynamic, complex and multi-faceted.

Analyse this statement referring to key issues (concepts) from both unit 3 and unit 4. Refer to a large scale organisation you have studied or a significant issues that has impacted on large-scale organisations.

Anyone wanna have a go?
2014 ATAR - 88

2015 sem 1 - Bachelor of Business (Accounting/Banking & Finance) - Monash

2015 sem 2 - Present: Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting/Finance), Diploma of Languages (Chinese) - Monash

Damoz.G

Re: 10 Mark Question
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2013, 11:14:43 pm »
:o

I don't even know where to begin with that!  :-\

EspoirTron

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +82
  • School Grad Year: 2013
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2013, 11:18:37 pm »
I will do it, give me a good 20 haha
2012-2013: VCE
2014-2016: Bachelor of Biomedicine at Monash University

EspoirTron

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +82
  • School Grad Year: 2013
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 11:27:39 pm »
In australia large-scale organisations account for approximately 3% of all business enterprises and provide employment for 33% of the workforce. they are dynamic, complex and multi-faceted.

Analyse this statement referring to key issues (concepts) from both unit 3 and unit 4. Refer to a large scale organisation you have studied or a significant issues that has impacted on large-scale organisations.

Anyone wanna have a go?

Well it is 11 pm on the eve of the exam and I feel tired, so here it is in dotpoints.

- Straight definition referring to the keyword dynamic which stems from the study of change management.
- Analyse is the key word in statement. So you want to discuss how a Business enterprise may also be classed as GBE.
- An employment of 33% suggests direct employment, however an LSO employs a substantial amount more than this indirectly through creditors and suppliers.
- Dynamic, I would recommend going straight to change management and discussing the significant issue you studied and how that has internal, transformational and structural effects; as well as to Operations and Human Resources.
- Complex: discussion of how the whole function is integrated and talk about how Operations and Human Resources link to corporate strategy as well as how they contribute to the corporate culture.
- Multi-faced, well this screams ER for me haha. Just discuss how an organisation must be able to cater for employee needs, e.g. expectations and becoming an employer of choice.

In my answer I would discuss my change issue (globalisation), significantly in the analysis of 'dynamic' and 'complex'. Think of this from the perspective of a wider  and integrated economy.
2012-2013: VCE
2014-2016: Bachelor of Biomedicine at Monash University