Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 09:29:08 am

Author Topic: DUX of a class  (Read 2211 times)  Share 

Aaronlar

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
DUX of a class
« on: January 13, 2014, 04:05:33 pm »
I am at a small school of only about 500 students and am doing year 12 this year. After completing legal this year you could say I am the favourite to dux the class this year. Myself and a female friend were close all year during unit 1 &2 but I beat her most of the time, it has always been healthy competition between us. Now we have new students coming into the class and they are quite strong and it's now about four of us fighting for it. Honestly I do really want it, I am a really competitive person but if I don't win I want it to be my friend. What I want to know is what I can do to get the most out of the year and do well in legal but also have fun in this competition? I was also thinking about getting some really silly trophy or something to motivate us even more? I sometimes find myself in class being put down by other students for always knowing the answer because I work hard and remember things, how should I deal with this? Would be great if you could help me. :)

walkec

Re: DUX of a class
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 06:07:27 pm »
I am at a small school of only about 500 students and am doing year 12 this year. After completing legal this year you could say I am the favourite to dux the class this year. Myself and a female friend were close all year during unit 1 &2 but I beat her most of the time, it has always been healthy competition between us. Now we have new students coming into the class and they are quite strong and it's now about four of us fighting for it. Honestly I do really want it, I am a really competitive person but if I don't win I want it to be my friend. What I want to know is what I can do to get the most out of the year and do well in legal but also have fun in this competition? I was also thinking about getting some really silly trophy or something to motivate us even more? I sometimes find myself in class being put down by other students for always knowing the answer because I work hard and remember things, how should I deal with this? Would be great if you could help me. :)

I was in a similar position as you last year but for Food and Technology. The whole year, four of us were equal on SACs and it came down to the exam. As 3 of us were year 11s, it's not really any surprise that the more experienced year 12 student duxed the subject. My advice for you is to just do everything within your circle of control to get the most out of the subject and not worry about getting dux for legal or not. Like it would be great if you did, but ultimately the most important thing is that you get the most out of the subject that you possibly can and enjoy it and as cliched as it is, just do your best.

bow0059

• Victorian
  • Fresh Member
  • Respect: 0
Re: DUX of a class
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 08:38:47 pm »
I'm from a very large school, I got DUX for unit 1/2 and I'm hoping to get it this year! Study hard all year, do your best on sacs and the exam, I'm a very competitive person and get super shitty if someone does better than me!