Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 09:07:56 am

Author Topic: Shocked... help!  (Read 933 times)  Share 

2014year12

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • 'There are no shortcuts to any place worth going'
  • Respect: 0
  • School: CRC Sydenham
Shocked... help!
« on: February 12, 2014, 08:43:35 pm »
Hey all,

So I was aiming at getting atleast a 40 study score in BM this year (year 12), and out of curiosity I asked my teacher what the highest study scores were the past two years and found out that in the past 2 years no study score higher than 35 was achieved. This has really shocked me as I now feel incapable of my goal, so if anyone has any points to mention about this or tips for me to achieve my goal please post a reply!!
Last year I had a teacher that was known as a easy marker and apparently this year the year 12 BM teachers mark a lot harder. Last year my final exam result was 90%. So yeah if any one has any points to mention about this or tips for me please share!! :)

Thanks in advance!!
Goals for 2014:
Business Management [40+] | Physics [30+] | Further [40+] | English [30+] | HHD [40+]
Atar: 81.45+

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: Shocked... help!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 09:27:40 pm »
I think having a harsh-making teacher is a great thing.  :)

I was told that the highest study score I would possibly get was 42, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Best of luck!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

2014year12

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 09:49:00 pm »
I think having a harsh-marking teacher is a great thing.  :)

I was told that the highest study score I would possibly get was 42, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Best of luck!

Wow! A 48 :O well done man!
Any tips you could share with me in regards to doing so well?
Maybe how to consistently study for BM throughout the year and prepare for sacs?
Thanks for the response Joseph41!! :)
Goals for 2014:
Business Management [40+] | Physics [30+] | Further [40+] | English [30+] | HHD [40+]

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 09:54:57 pm »
In short, I don't think Business is a particularly difficult subject, but there is a fair bit of content to remember. Thus, I think it's important to be consistent during the year (rather than leaving doing all of your notes etc. until just before the exam).

To do this, I used my spare time to consolidate my notes, having two books: my usual notebook, which I used in class, and a revision book. I added to the revision book gradually, essentially working through the study design's dot points as we learned them, and by the end of the year, I had a great revision resource. This meant that I could focus on practice exams, which I found greatly beneficial.

In terms of SAC preparation, everybody is different. Personally, I tried to relate the information to what I knew (mainly sports!). The more practice questions you can do, the better (and then get them marked!).

All the best.  :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

2014year12

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 09:59:48 pm »
+1
In short, I don't think Business is a particularly difficult subject, but there is a fair bit of content to remember. Thus, I think it's important to be consistent during the year (rather than leaving doing all of your notes etc. until just before the exam).

To do this, I used my spare time to consolidate my notes, having two books: my usual notebook, which I used in class, and a revision book. I added to the revision book gradually, essentially working through the study design's dot points as we learned them, and by the end of the year, I had a great revision resource. This meant that I could focus on practice exams, which I found greatly beneficial.

In terms of SAC preparation, everybody is different. Personally, I tried to relate the information to what I knew (mainly sports!). The more practice questions you can do, the better (and then get them marked!).

All the best.  :)

I will definitely make use of your tips!
Thankyou!!! :)
Goals for 2014: