Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 10:49:17 pm

Author Topic: UMEP Philosophy!  (Read 1314 times)  Share 

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
UMEP Philosophy!
« on: June 29, 2014, 11:53:58 pm »
Hello :) :),

I was just considering doing the UMEP in regards to philosophy in order to satisfy my desire to do philosophy in year 12 (unfortunately our school doesn't offer it!) whilst accounting for a VCE subject. I was just curious as to whether or not somebody who has familiarised themselves with the UMEP Philosophy course could assist in clarifying several things; in particular, what the course is like, whether or not it would be considered mad not to do VCE Philosophy prior to doing UMEP Philosophy (i've found that it isn't a prerequisite, but is any prior knowledge that is specifically covered in units 1, 2, 3 or 4 somewhat necessary to your understanding?), whether or not to workload is tolerable, and how the assessments are structured and assessed (i've heard from a couple of people that exams in universities that require lots of in-depth analysis are generally "take-home", however, i'm not too familiar with this concept! And, are you marked in accordance to an university cohort, and if so, are the markers extremely harsh)??

Thank you so much in advance for taking your time to read this, and I greatly appreciate any assistance! :) :) :)