Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:54:20 am

Author Topic: Current examples  (Read 1323 times)  Share 

anndu

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Current examples
« on: July 04, 2014, 08:13:11 pm »
Hey guys, I'm struggling to stay up to date with economic news, what is the best way? Do I just need to read the Business section in the Age every day? Or is there a better way to be updated on the latest stats?
Also how do I weave current examples into my responses?

Thanks!

Jono_CP

Re: Current examples
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2014, 10:28:44 pm »
+1
Hey guys, I'm struggling to stay up to date with economic news, what is the best way? Do I just need to read the Business section in the Age every day? Or is there a better way to be updated on the latest stats?
Also how do I weave current examples into my responses?

Thanks!

Great question, I am not too sure of the answer myself. I am thinking of posting a thread for 'Current Examples' where economic users can outline what has transpired... Worth an attempt perhaps

coolrezaee

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • When in doubt it's B
  • Respect: 0
  • School: RSC
  • School Grad Year: 2014
Re: Current examples
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 09:55:24 pm »
Hi guys, here are some examples that I managed to pull out from previous budgets.

Budgetary Policy and economic goals

Examples of recent budgetary measures that may assist in reducing demand driven and cost driven inflation:

• Indexation of many payments and programs will be paused temporarily, including: Eligibility thresholds for Family Tax Benefits and Newstart (from Budget 2014/15) 
  • Creating an $11.6 Billion 'Infrastructure Growth Package' to boost total infrastructure investment by Commonwealth, State and local governments, as well as the private sector, to over $125 billion by 2019-20 (from Budget 2014/15)

Examples of budgetary measures that may increase economic growth and achieve full employment:

• Creating an $11.6 Billion 'Infrastructure Growth Package' to boost total infrastructure investment by Commonwealth, State and local governments, as well as the private sector, to over $125 billion by 2019-20  (from Budget 2014/15). This one can work for inflation and Eco. growth and full employment
  • The government remains committed to cutting the company tax rate by 1.5% from 1st of July 2015 (from 2014/15 budget)

Specific budgetary policy measures to improve external stability over the past few year:

• A $200 million boost to the Export Finance and Insurance Corporation's capital base, and a $50 million boost to the Export Market Development Grants program will help more small and medium-size businesses to access export market (from 2014/15 budget)
  • Raising the Superannuation Guarantee from 9% to 12% from 1/7/13-1/7/19 (from 2013/14 budget) 

Specific budgetary policy initiatives over the past few years for a more equitable distribution of income:

• Introducing a Temporary Budget Repair Levy on incomes over $180,000 for three years from 2014-15. (from 2014/15 budget)
  • Investment in DisabilityCare Australia of $14.9 billion over seven years. (from 2013/14 budget) 
2014: English (37), Economics (42), Methods (35), IT Apps (42), Physics (45)