Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 12:09:34 pm

Author Topic: Doing extra subjects after year 12  (Read 2612 times)  Share 

Jack_dg

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Doing extra subjects after year 12
« on: July 19, 2014, 12:10:40 pm »
+1
Hey everyone,

I'll finish VCE this year, however I'm not fully satisfied with 5 subjects I chose and I have even less of an idea now about what I want to do in Uni. I'm taking a gap year but I was thinking of doing 1-2 single VCE subjects next year after the exams are all over.
Was looking at doing Methods and Chemistry Units 1-4 and adding them to my VCE for personal learning and to expand my opportunities.

I've looked at the CAE website and whatnot but I'm not still fully sure how it all works. So it does add to your ATAR/VCE and they recalculate it? Will it open up more uni courses as soon as I complete them?

And if anyone knows the general timeframe and costs associated with doing 2 subjects you'd be a huge help! (I'm looking at Homesglen TAFE as it's close)

Edward Elric

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +13
Re: Doing extra subjects after year 12
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 02:00:21 pm »
Hey everyone,

I'll finish VCE this year, however I'm not fully satisfied with 5 subjects I chose and I have even less of an idea now about what I want to do in Uni. I'm taking a gap year but I was thinking of doing 1-2 single VCE subjects next year after the exams are all over.
Was looking at doing Methods and Chemistry Units 1-4 and adding them to my VCE for personal learning and to expand my opportunities.

I've looked at the CAE website and whatnot but I'm not still fully sure how it all works. So it does add to your ATAR/VCE and they recalculate it? Will it open up more uni courses as soon as I complete them?

And if anyone knows the general timeframe and costs associated with doing 2 subjects you'd be a huge help! (I'm looking at Homesglen TAFE as it's close)

Im interested in this as well, any responses would be greatly appreciated :)

Jack_dg

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 05:46:36 pm »
Bump.

skybluemaniac

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 11:19:05 pm »
I'm pretty sure you could have 'split' year 12 into two years. however people I know that have done it have told their vce coordinator round about may and generally this is due to illness or someother disadvantage that does not generally allow them to continue. However I think in your case you want to do distant ed or tafe? you might not need a reason. if you've applied to continue your vce then yes those scores will be added to your atar :). hope it's not too late of a reply haha!
2015: VCE DONE!! ATAR: 96.85

2016-2019: Bachelor of Education (Honours) / Bachelor of Science (Microbiology and Immunology) at Monash University

2020: Teacher!

VCE Bio (45) ~ Monash Uni Bio ( High distinction - 4.5)
***I AM TUTORING VCE BIOLOGY***. Let me help you reach your full potential! http://melbourne.universitytutor.com/tutors/753760