Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 09:09:28 pm

Author Topic: 3/4 psych without 1/2  (Read 1328 times)  Share 

el8

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
3/4 psych without 1/2
« on: July 29, 2014, 05:45:28 pm »
Hey guys
I really want to do 3/4 psych next year in year eleven if my school lets me
I haven't done 1/2
Is this a disadvantage or a risk?
My English teacher said I will be fine bt I'm still apprehensive
Thanks!

more_vanilla

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • School Grad Year: 2015
Re: 3/4 psych without 1/2
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 06:28:20 pm »
+1
Hey :)
I'm in year 11 this year doing 3/4 psych without previously doing 1/2. I was in your position last year so I can understand what you're going through. 
You might already know this but the only thing you need from 1/2 psych is 'Research Methods'. I recommend you go over this topic during the summer holiday as well as some (if not all) of AOS 1 of Unit 3. Although I did have some friends who started fresh at the beginning of school term and managed okay.

So far, psych has been a fun and rewarding subject. There is no risk undertaking 3/4 without 1/2.

I hope my input helps you with your subject selections for next year. (Do psych!)
2014: Psychology, Accounting
2015: Methods, Further, EngLang, HHD, UMEP Accounting

el8

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
Re: 3/4 psych without 1/2
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 07:11:17 pm »
Hey :)
I'm in year 11 this year doing 3/4 psych without previously doing 1/2. I was in your position last year so I can understand what you're going through. 
You might already know this but the only thing you need from 1/2 psych is 'Research Methods'. I recommend you go over this topic during the summer holiday as well as some (if not all) of AOS 1 of Unit 3. Although I did have some friends who started fresh at the beginning of school term and managed okay.

So far, psych has been a fun and rewarding subject. There is no risk undertaking 3/4 without 1/2.

I hope my input helps you with your subject selections for next year. (Do psych!)

Thank you so much! The school said I can probably do it so if I can I'll definitely do it