Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 11:31:39 pm

Author Topic: Credit between universities  (Read 2208 times)  Share 

alchemy

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +25
Credit between universities
« on: August 31, 2014, 06:08:35 pm »
If I do a MUEP subject, can I get credit for the course I want to do at UoM (e.g. BSc)? Does this work the other way around too?

IndefatigableLover

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • What kind of shoes do ninjas wear? Sneakers.
  • Respect: +105
Re: Credit between universities
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 06:15:12 pm »
+1
If I do a MUEP subject, can I get credit for the course I want to do at UoM (e.g. BSc)? Does this work the other way around too?
For most Group of Eight universities, I believe that you can gain credit or arrange for it to happen since there is an agreement between the two.

Have a look at the Credit Calculator for UoM to see if your units will be credited at UoM from Monash! For most of the university extension subjects I believe they will be credited for a BSc (same goes for a Bachelor of Environments though a Bachelor of Biomedicine will be harder to gain credit for).

Alternatively, you could have a look at this too!
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 06:17:29 pm by IndefatigableLover »

alchemy

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +25
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 06:50:32 pm »
Thank you for that link; it's very helpful.
Just to clarify, since MUEP includes two units of study, and the calculator says I get 12.5 points for one of the units I study, does this mean that ultimately I get 25 points. The calculator is weird, in that it doesn't allow input of more than one unit of study at a time.
On another note, have you noticed that you get 25 points for one unit of MUEP Chem into BSc at UoM, but only half of that (12.5 points) if you do UMEP? Is it just me, or is that kinda strange how they've weighted it that way?

keltingmeith

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • he/him - they is also fine
  • Respect: +1292
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2014, 06:56:31 pm »
On another note, have you noticed that you get 25 points for one unit of MUEP Chem into BSc at UoM, but only half of that (12.5 points) if you do UMEP? Is it just me, or is that kinda strange how they've weighted it that way?

Probably because all up MUEP is two units, so you're actually getting 12.5 credit points for one unit, just like you do for UMEP.