Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:35:23 pm

Author Topic: Questions thread!  (Read 24971 times)  Share 

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
Questions thread!
« on: December 12, 2014, 11:45:07 am »
+1
Anyone with any questions, samples of your work you'd like looked at, or other T&T-related randomness, PLEEAASE post!

I'm here to (try to) help answering your questions or marking your work (in general but especially for Luke), and I'm sure there are others out there.  Everyone will be excited to hear there's someone else out there, not just their class!

Have fun with this awesome subject guys :D !
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 05:50:43 pm by bangla_lok »
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

anat0my

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +6
Re: Questions thread!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 12:08:53 pm »
+1
Hey :D Another ex-student happy to help!

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 12:30:04 pm »
+1
Were you 2014 too, and if so how did you find the exam?  What section - Luke, Qur'an?  I really wish I'd posted earlier, I didn't feel like there was ANYONE out there! 

anat0my

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 02:02:36 pm »
+2
Were you 2014 too, and if so how did you find the exam?  What section - Luke, Qur'an?  I really wish I'd posted earlier, I didn't feel like there was ANYONE out there!

Haha same!! I did the Quranic section. It was a fair exam although I struggled with the essay component due to time constraints and the style of essay questions were quite difficult even though I sort of predicted one of them. Other than the essay question, everything else was pretty good. How was it for you? :)

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 02:17:15 pm »
+1
It was a way harder exam, for Luke, than last year's.  The 4a passage wasn't from our special chapters, one extended response was based on two minor verses from a special chapter... pretty hard but I coped.  NOTHING we predicted was on the exam!  Like you I struggled with time constraints around the essay.

Good luck for Monday btw :D!  Hope you and everyone else did great! I'm still hoping for mid 40s, but unfortunately my essay killed my chances of that.  :'(

anat0my

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2014, 02:42:14 pm »
It was a way harder exam, for Luke, than last year's.  The 4a passage wasn't from our special chapters, one extended response was based on two minor verses from a special chapter... pretty hard but I coped.  NOTHING we predicted was on the exam!  Like you I struggled with time constraints around the essay.

Good luck for Monday btw :D!  Hope you and everyone else did great! I'm still hoping for mid 40s, but unfortunately my essay killed my chances of that.  :'(

Our 4a passage was also not from special chapters, I think they are able to do that though? I think the writers of the whole exam took a different approach this year in terms of style. Previous exam papers had such straightforward questions!? Hopefully they go easy on us. (Like c'mon it was just one bad essay how many marks can that lower of a study score...)

Thanks! Good-luck to you as well :D I'm in the same situation as you, but nonetheless I agree, T.T is an awesome subject :)

MNM101

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2014, 02:01:39 pm »

Our 4a passage was also not from special chapters, I think they are able to do that though? I think the writers of the whole exam took a different approach this year in terms of style. Previous exam papers had such straightforward questions!? Hopefully they go easy on us. (Like c'mon it was just one bad essay how many marks can that lower of a study score...)

Thanks! Good-luck to you as well :D I'm in the same situation as you, but nonetheless I agree, T.T is an awesome subject :)

Hey I'm doing the Quranic version of T&T and was wondering what useful resources to use throughout the course ?

nerdmmb

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 03:09:23 pm »
Hey I'm doing the Quranic version of T&T and was wondering what useful resources to use throughout the course ?

The Study Design recommends students to use the "Farooq e-Azim" Quran book and it also contains a variety of recommend sources that you can read. I found that reading past students essays was extremely helpful as well as a Quran book which also consists of exegetical peices for each Surah. You can ask your teacher about this book or search it up online- there's heaps :)

MNM101

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 06:17:14 pm »
+1

The Study Design recommends students to use the "Farooq e-Azim" Quran book and it also contains a variety of recommend sources that you can read. I found that reading past students essays was extremely helpful as well as a Quran book which also consists of exegetical peices for each Surah. You can ask your teacher about this book or search it up online- there's heaps :)

Okay cheers mate :)

anat0my

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2014, 06:32:59 pm »

Hey, I'm happy to soon upload a thread similar to the Luke resources page, listing some helpful resources if you'd like :)

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2014, 07:44:32 pm »
Hey, I'm happy to soon upload a thread similar to the Luke resources page, listing some helpful resources if you'd like :)

Thanks so much, that's exactly what I was hoping someone would do :)
Any John and Jeremiah/Ezekiel helpers out there?

Good luck for this year, and keep asking questions!

MNM101

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2014, 09:30:19 pm »

Thanks so much, that's exactly what I was hoping someone would do :)
Any John and Jeremiah/Ezekiel helpers out there?

Good luck for this year, and keep asking questions!

Thank you and much appreciated !

MNM101

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2014, 09:30:50 pm »

I would love that ! Thanks champ

anat0my

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2014, 11:55:47 pm »
I've just uploaded a resource/advice thread specifically for the Quranic section :)

Sardothienn

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
Questions thread!
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2015, 05:31:00 pm »
Hi,
I'm also doing texts and traditions and am aiming really high 47+ however I got my sac mark back and was kind of concerned as I got a 92%, which is not good enough. What mark should I roughly achieve to get a 47+ throughout all SAC's? Thanks in advance