Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:33:08 am

Author Topic: How will my study score be affected by this recent SAC result?  (Read 2783 times)  Share 

48delrish

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Mount Ridley P-12 College
How will my study score be affected by this recent SAC result?
« on: February 19, 2015, 05:16:52 pm »
Hey,

Last year, Legal Studies was one of my strongest subjects. I got  95-100% on all of my SACs and exams, or something close to that.

Anyway, this year our teacher has split our Outcome 1 SAC into two parts, and the class recently completed the first of those, which was worth ten marks.

I did well, but as we were discussing it yesterday, I realised I had made a mistake that will most likely cost me one and a half marks. It was really stupid on my part : I didn't read the question correctly.

So, assuming that I get 8.5 on the SAC, how do you think this will affect my study score, if at all?

By the way, the next SAC is worth fifteen marks. And I'm aiming for a study score of at least 42.

Thanks.
2014: Business Management (43).

2015: English, Legal Studies, History: Revolutions, Further, VCE Plus: History (La Trobe extension program).

2016: (Goal) Bachelor of Politics, Philosophy and Economics at La Trobe, or a similar degree.

heids

• Supreme Stalker
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • Respect: +1632
Re: How will my study score be affected by this recent SAC result?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 05:32:55 pm »
SACs are probably worth 50%, this SAC is maybe worth 1/8 of that at the most - i.e. likely to be less than 7% of your study score.  So it will have minimal impact.  (Recall also that, even if it did have much impact, it's more to do with ranking - how you went compared with other people in your class/school who did that SAC.)

It hasn't killed you - use this experience to learn from for next time, and the exam! :)
VCE (2014): HHD, Bio, English, T&T, Methods

Uni (2021-24): Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash Clayton

Work: PCA in residential aged care

AbominableMowman

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +29
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 10:50:41 pm »
Hey,

Last year, Legal Studies was one of my strongest subjects. I got  95-100% on all of my SACs and exams, or something close to that.

Anyway, this year our teacher has split our Outcome 1 SAC into two parts, and the class recently completed the first of those, which was worth ten marks.

I did well, but as we were discussing it yesterday, I realised I had made a mistake that will most likely cost me one and a half marks. It was really stupid on my part : I didn't read the question correctly.

So, assuming that I get 8.5 on the SAC, how do you think this will affect my study score, if at all?

By the way, the next SAC is worth fifteen marks. And I'm aiming for a study score of at least 42.

Thanks.
You can definitely get a 42 with a 8.5/10 on your first sac. Keep in mind this is less than a tenth of your study score, and you will definitely improve as you go.
2014 - VCE

2015 - 2017

Eiffel

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 11:52:30 pm »
lol sacs mean nothing as long as you get half decent and ace the exam guaranteed 45-47+

Eiffel

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 11:58:20 pm »
:D
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 09:59:36 pm by Eiffel »

AbominableMowman

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +29
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 08:51:26 am »
+3
sorry for the questions  :-[

last one!!

Question 10 & 11 refer to the following information
A student wishes to determine the concentration of ethanoic acid in vinegar. The student titrates a 20.00 mL sample of a standard sodium hydroxide solution with a diluted vinegar solution from a burette. Four experiments were carried out and the following titration results were obtained, 22.16 mL, 22.30 mL, 22.35 mL, 22.35 mL.

10.   To make the solution of diluted vinegar, the student should

A  use a pipette to deliver a known volume of commercial vinegar into a volumetric flask and add water until it reaches the mark.

B  use a measuring cylinder to deliver a known volume of commercial vinegar into a volumetric flask and add water until it reaches the mark

C  deliver a known volume of commercial vinegar from a burette into a measuring cylinder and add water until it reaches the mark

D  measure the volume of commercial vinegar from a pipette into a conical flask and then add a known volume of water from a burette

11.   Which one of the following is a suitable indicator for use in this titration of a weak, monoprotic acid with a strong base?

A    phenol red         B    thymol blue
C     phenolphthalein      D    bromophenol blue
Probably the wrong thread LOL
2014 - VCE

2015 - 2017

Eiffel

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 09:59:16 pm »
yeh lol didnt see that

oj101

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2015, 09:34:51 am »
I got a 43 in LS - and my sacs were similarly structured - for the first one I got 88% whilst the second one was 79% (83.5% total for the SAC and a 87% overall average in unit 3) So not all is lost, in the grand scheme of things its negligible, but you'll have to make up for it later by getting >90% in the rest of your assignments.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 09:36:42 am by oj101 »

cameotodd

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2015, 10:24:08 pm »
Hey guys, i got 37/40 for my first legal sac and 39/40 for my second one, do you think im on the way for a 45+ ss? considering we don't have a strong cohort, probably an average one.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 06:28:00 pm by cameotodd »
2015: Psychology, Mathematical Methods CAS, Legal Studies, Accounting, English
2016: Commerce (Accounting/Finance) UoM