Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 11:15:28 pm

Author Topic: Context feedback  (Read 402 times)  Share 

lolaishappy

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Art | English | Math Methods | Physics | Furthers
  • Respect: 0
  • School: BBC
  • School Grad Year: 2015
Context feedback
« on: March 16, 2015, 02:23:45 pm »
My teacher asked for half a page in response, but I feel my context may be to abstract?

“IT IS BETTER TO BELIEVE IN NOTHING”

The mind can play tricks on you. In which every day we succumb to our inner values and external values. Recently I discovered an interesting paradigm.  Conservative society’s like capitalism can create a social paranoia that creates distrust in human interaction. A paranoia about your neighbour out to beat you and climb the ladder. Our society literally can let anyone gain power or money. With the right words, the right voice, and other factors you can gain power with social media at your fingertips. This subtle oppressive nature creates a imminent silent bound in our community, and can also destroy our sense of self. For example, there is a hierarchy about working classes. The white collars, the blue collars and minors. Society can put pressure on ourselves to have highest paying job, the best car, the most followers and other materialistic things. Therefore I think it is better to believe in nothing but only improve on ourselves, without the need of being materialistic. Be well paid but do not rely on these things to make you happy nor make you who you are. Improving your relationships and identity is much more fulfilling. It has taken a long time for me, but I used to get so happy owning so much toys. As I’ve grown I’ve realised these things do not make me happy and usually my problems don’t disappear by owning massive amounts of clothes, shoes and stuff. The true happiness comes from bettering me, physically and mentally. I have taken the activity of going to the gym and that really helps me mentally and physically. My mum always say “there is always a solution” and when stress gets in the way just take a deep breath (or work out) and continue.
Newb coming through