Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 09:08:45 am

Author Topic: MUEP Offcampus Study -- Biology?  (Read 2401 times)  Share 

vexx

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +66
MUEP Offcampus Study -- Biology?
« on: August 16, 2009, 11:28:33 pm »
Hi.

Has anyone done the Extension Program for Biology, it is an offcampus program where you do it all from home and such.

Can you let me know a bit about your experience? How is the workload and times during the week that is recommended to 'self study'?

Or is it better that i just did the UMEP one, on campus?

Thanks.

PS: also, does anyone know much about how assessments and that work? i know that the exam is at a centre that you go to during the year but other assessments?
2010 VCE: psychology | english language | methods cas | further | chemistry | physical ed | uni chemistry || ATAR: 97.40 ||

2011: BSc @ UoM

Y1: biology of cells&organisms | music psychology | biological psychology | secret life of language | creative writing
    || genetics&the evolution of life | biochemistry&molecular biology | techniques of molecular science -.- | mind,brain&behaviour 2

20XX: MEDICINE

vexx

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
Re: MUEP Offcampus Study -- Biology?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 11:26:16 pm »
haha thanks, but yeah i went to the lecture.
i've decided against it and to do chem, it's only once a week going not too far from me, besides i don't know if i'll be able to be that independent with biology distance ed. it seems too unstructured and difficult rather than once a week with a lecturer:P
2010 VCE: psychology | english language | methods cas | further | chemistry | physical ed | uni chemistry || ATAR: 97.40 ||

Y1: biology of cells&organisms | music psychology | biological psychology | secret life of language | creative writing
    || genetics&the evolution of life | biochemistry&molecular biology | techniques of molecular science -.- | mind,brain&behaviour 2

vexx

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 11:43:31 pm »
haha thanks, but yeah i went to the lecture.
i've decided against it and to do chem, it's only once a week going not too far from me, besides i don't know if i'll be able to be that independent with biology distance ed. it seems too unstructured and difficult rather than once a week with a lecturer:P
Well do it with a lecturer then :P lol!
Bio it up with me ;).

Are you going to apply for UMEP as well? Do they offer chem? If not we both may as well apply for Biology with them then :)?

Ohh and Psst, you are probably going to the UMEP evening this thursday? 6PM isn't it?

hahaha. nahh the lecturer is way to far away it's in chadstone. i'm not doing the UMEP bio because you have to go in more than once a week. ha i wont be able to do that. >< if i change my mind i'll let you know, but you have to tell me how biol goes if you get in :D

vexx

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 11:56:16 pm »
Ahhh, try Distance Ed then if Chadstone is too far away :P. I'm probably going to do that if I get in.
Will let ya know if I get in though :). Will be applying for both just to make sure! (Been slacking hard in Indo; assuming a place in UMEP/MUEP Bio already :S)

goodluck getting in then :D i'm defs doing chem though soz haha.

vexx

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 12:08:39 am »
i'm on an A or A+ on 4 subjects, and the other two aren't so good - B's heh. hopefully it doesn't matter >< how about your report??
i reckon i will be able to 'tackle' chem hehe, i'd rather do it then a 5th subject at school which will take much time with SACs, uneeded stress & less spares at school.
well my backup subject is further, which if i don't get in, i will aim for 45 - so stressful.
do you have a backup subj?

vexx

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 12:01:59 pm »
awesome:) hopefully we both get in.
yeah it will definitely be harder than vce subjects, but to get a 5 only 60%+ is needed, so with a little study that should happen i would hope :D

well, you can always start studying hard next year if you don't get in. but you will, so no need to worry!:)

vexx

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 04:23:02 pm »
Yeah, that 4.5 minimum increment is a good incentive to study enhancement studies.
And you can be awarded prizes and things if you are one of the top I'm pretty sure?
Also, with MUEP, if you do Biology, you are automatically entered into a Bachelor of Science if you want :P. Pretty cool again. I bet it's the same with chemistry, yeah?

it's actually 4.0** but still awesome, like getting an easy 40 just for passing ;D but i'm attempting for the 5.0 (:
yeah same with chem you can gain credit with any of them. :) i'll save bio till uni, now or later. ha.