Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 11:48:41 am

Author Topic: Exam Section D  (Read 4127 times)  Share 

Timjr303

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2015
Exam Section D
« on: September 04, 2015, 11:25:49 pm »
Calling all current or former VCE Australian History students!  Does anyone have any sample Section D exam responses (don't care which topic but Vietnam War is preferable) that they could send to me?  I'm not sure what my response should look like and just need to get an idea of how I should structure it.

Thanks, Tim. :)
2015: Literature | English Language | Australian History | Further Maths | Global Politics

2014: Legal Studies [50]

_fruitcake_

Re: Exam Section D
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 07:33:04 am »
Attitudes to the Vietnam War:
The source showed an anti-war attitude from 1965. The focus of the source was on women protesting. As it was part of
a May Day parade it could be argued that this was quite a radical protest. Emphasis was on the welfare of children but
this was a minority view at this time. Although the Australian Labor Party (ALP) and many student groups were
opposed, most Australians had accepted the domino theory and supported the decision of the government to become
involved in the Vietnam War. The other point in time that needed to be discussed was 1970. Support for Australian
involvement in the War had decreased due to the longevity of the war, casualties, atrocities and widespread media
coverage.