Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:28:12 pm

Author Topic: Is it too late to apply for Uni Extension?  (Read 2215 times)  Share 

ardria

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +3
Is it too late to apply for Uni Extension?
« on: December 29, 2016, 02:25:34 pm »
The online applications for Melbourne, Monash and RMIT all closed 15/16 December and the universities are all closed, so I can't call them up. I'm specifically thinking of Monash/Melbourne Biology.

Is there anything that can be done  :( ?

« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 02:44:47 pm by ardria »

peterpiper

• Forum Obsessive
  • ppp
  • Respect: +257
Re: Is it too late to apply for Uni Extension?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 02:55:08 pm »
They were quite firm about the closing date, so I don't think they would be so forgiving as to give you another chance.

That said, it wouldn't hurt to give them a call when they're back from holidays, which I think is around Jan 2nd or 4th...
2017: VCE COMPLETED

de

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 03:06:47 pm »
+1
I honestly don't think it's ever too late!!!
I applied at the end of Jan for monash maths, and a friend applied two weeks in!!
It probably helped it was held at our school, but still- Definitely give it a shot.
Tutoring 2017-Methods, Physics: 50. Spesh: 47

exit

• Forum Obsessive
  • COALESCE
  • Respect: +38
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 03:29:13 pm »
I honestly don't think it's ever too late!!!
I applied at the end of Jan for monash maths, and a friend applied two weeks in!!
It probably helped it was held at our school, but still- Definitely give it a shot.

How do you get your coordinator/principal to sign the paperwork in the middle of the holidays?
VCE [ATAR: 99.25]: Physics 1/2, English 1/2, EngLang,Methods, Spesh, Accounting, Chem, German

2018-2021: Bachelor Of Commerce @ University of Melbourne
VCE English Language: A+ Short Answer Guide[pm for extra guidance!]

de

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 03:37:44 pm »
Ok I was probably lucky there that my Head of House was a brilliant and very understanding human being who scanned and emailed it back to me.

ardria

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 05:49:10 pm »
That gives me hope, thank you!

But what about Melbourne Uni, where I imagine it would be more competitive (maybe) because of the lack of fees? My grades were certainly good enough to get in.

de

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 06:43:32 pm »
But what about Melbourne Uni, where I imagine it would be more competitive (maybe) because of the lack of fees? My grades were certainly good enough to get in.

I doubt they limit the number of places... but nevertheless I'm not sure Melbourne would be as flexible probably because thanks to superior prestige they mightn't feel the need to be so accommodating (pure speculation). But if your grades are properly outstanding they may be more likely to bend a few dates for you. My bet is there's no really good reason for a December cut off date: talk to someone on the phone as soon as you can and hopefully they'll sort it out.